50. Relieve

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 50: Relieve

It had become evening, and the clouds slowly drifted away, making the dark sky become visible. It was a clear night sky, but the stars weren't out. You wanted to see them.

The view from your office was spectacular. You could see the cityscape of Seoul, the Namsan Tower light up, and just the light from the busy city night.

You stepped away from the long windows, and let out a tired sigh. You turned around, staring into your office. The naked mannequin stared back at you, and you scrunched your nose.

"I'll put clothes on you, I just need to fix the damn blouse. I'm sorry for exposing you." You talked to the mannequin, and the lifeless mannequin stared back at you.

"I get so weird, when I'm alone." You muttered to yourself.

You walked around your desk and seated. You stared at the unfinished blouse, and sighed, yet again. You weren't done with the samples.

You hadn't seen Soo Hyuk since he left the house in the morning. You had been wondering all day about why he had acted the way he did. Soo Hyuk seemed a bit cold towards Wonho. You wondered why. Your head was full of questions.

You glanced at the clock on your wall, and chewed on your bottom lip. You wondered whether Soo Hyuk had eaten or not. Soo Hyuk was creeping inside your skin and mind.

You wondered and worried more about him, more and more as each day went by. It wasn't good, you shouldn't.

Soo Hyuk probably didn't even think about you. But you couldn't stop the thoughts. You were moving to a dangerous place, and you couldn't prevent it.

He had left angry in the morning, and you wondered if you had made him mad. Maybe he didn't want to see you.

"What's wrong with me?" You found yourself repeating the same words all day.

You shook your head at your senseless thoughts, and stood up from your chair. You retrieved your folder from your desk, with your review of the process of the costumes, and the plans for your presentation.

You headed to your husband's office. You had no other choice. You had to see him, get his approval or word on the process of your work. You are after all working on his project.

Soo Hyuk is your boss, and you can't proceed with your work without getting his input. You assured yourself.

You were at work as well, so you had to be professional, and not mix personal feelings with work. But it was hard not to get personally involved with Soo Hyuk at work.

Bringing the review with you, was secretly an excuse for seeing Soo Hyuk, if he would ask why you showed up. You knew deep down that you could wait with getting his words on your review.

How in the world could you miss him so much?

You had seen him in the morning, and even slept with him the night before. You were growing attached to him, and it felt dangerous.

Your heart sunk by each step you took to his office. You couldn't quite explain what you felt within, it was anxiousness, and yet excitement of seeing him. You felt giddy, but nervous.

You wanted to see him, and yet you wondered how he would react upon seeing you unexpectedly. Nevertheless, you were going to see him, because you wanted to. Your hearted wanted it to happen.

As expected, the fiery-red-haired secretary sat at her desk. Her eyes quickly fell upon you and she pulled her reading glass down her nose-bridge, eying you.