99. A Piece Of The Past

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 99

A Piece Of The Past

It began to pour down from the skies just as you were about to pay for your lingerie in the store. There was just a little over a week left for Woo Bin and Min Ah's wedding and you had to prepare the final things. You had gone shopping alone.

Well you were not entirely alone, he was there too. You glanced out the store, seeing the back view of the tall man, who stood guard outside. You thought back to when you had stopped in front of the store.

Joon had gotten quite flustered once he realized which shop you were going to enter and he was ready to follow you, but his feet got glued to the ground.

His eyes had lowered, not looking at the window shop, the mannequins dressed in lace, underwear, and bras.

He had become frozen like a stiff board. His face had reddened, turned red like tomatoes and even his ears. 'I'll wait outside.' He had said.

A part of you wondered about why he had gotten embarrassed as he was a married man. Though you figured that it was because it was you, whom he was with, and not his wife.

He reached his hand out and opened his palm, feeling the raindrops drip onto his palm. You looked away, grabbed your bag from the sales assistant and headed out of the store.

Luckily, you had come out prepared after seeing the weather forecast at home. You brought your umbrella with you.

You stepped out of the store, placed your shopping bags on the ground, quickly opened the umbrella, and looked at Joon as you covered yourself from the rain.

He had no umbrella with him. He stood still, stiff like a statue. He looked like the terminator, but clueless.

People who walked past you, looked at him. He reached his hand out to take the bags from you, but you shook your head.

"You can hold this instead, since I can't reach up to you. I want to go to this café that is not far from here. It's the perfect weather for coffee and a cake. Besides, I don't think you want to hold these bags, knowing what's inside them." You muttered the last part and strode away. You heard him cough and clear his throat from behind you.

Your mind felt like the weather, pouring with thoughts, dark and grey. You were yet not ready to go home and be alone.

Joon had to keep up with you so that you would not get wet from the rain. You looked behind you to see where he was.

Seeing the tall man with his dark suit that matched the color of your umbrella, his face and ears no longer red. He rushed to you.

The rain no longer dripped down on you as the umbrella covered you. You took in a deep sigh. You had quickly gotten used to having Joon by your side, when you went to work at your studio in the rural neighborhood, but not that much, when you went out for personal shopping.

It was still slightly odd to have a huge and tall man behind you every time. Though, it did bring you a sense of protection, it still felt like your freedom was taken from you. 

You glanced to your side, when you heard his phone ringing and buzzing inside his jacket pocket. You narrowed your brows, gazed out, looking unfazed as you were trying to listen attentively to the conversation, when he finally picked up the call.

"Yes, sir." He said.

Your eyes widened, listening. 

"Yes. She has just finished shopping. She says she wants some coffee now, so we are going to a café. No, there has not been anything suspicious. Yes. I will sir. Alright. Bye." He hung up the call, and then he cleared his throat.