5. Surprise Announcement

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 5: Surprise Announcement

Soo Hyuk was in the company, working hard with yet another contract with an overseas hotel chain. Soo Hyuk's father Mr. Lee got the news of the partnership with the Chinese Hotel branch. The successful deal with the Chinese market didn't make his father go easy on him.

On the contrary, more deals got into Soo Hyuk's door now. It wasn't quite his decision to take on these assignments. 

His father gave them to him on purpose. He knew very well that his father was testing him. He was testing his skills, to see if he is cut out to be the next heir.

Soo Hyuk let out a deep sigh and pulled his hair back as he looked at the ceiling. He then got up from his chair and paced around his office whilst he spoke on the phone. He felt the frustration build up, when the other partners were acting up.

"Just sign contract. The deal will be settled by tomorrow and we guarantee you that you will get your 25% of the share." Soo Hyuk continued with trying to get the deal settled.

But the ladder part wanted more and Soo Hyuk sighed. His father had strictly said to keep it under 40%.

"I can only promise you 30% either that or the deal is simply off." Soo Hyuk knew he had the deal in the house.

He kept the price low, because he knew he could get the buyer for a cheaper deal. Soo Hyuk had a few tricks up his sleeve. Hence he got into the business world. 

He was good at speaking and negotiating. He heard the buyer agree with deal of 30% and he smirked happily. He just managed to get another deal and proving his father wrong.

"Thanks. You will be pleased with our partnership." Soo Hyuk said and hung up.

He sighed of relief and loosened his tie. It suddenly knocked on the door, he looked out and his secretary named Min Ah entered his office.

"Sir. Mr. CEO is on his way now." She said.

Soo Hyuk looked up at her and gave her a small nod. She hurried back out and he quickly fixed his tie. He opened his windows to let in some fresh air. His back felt sticky from the hard work. He groaned and took off his jacket.

His father didn't even knock on the door, when he came. His father walked in and Soo Hyuk quickly bowed.

"How did the deal go?" He asked straight out.

Soo Hyuk swallowed hard and looked at his father, who had a straight expression. At work he couldn't really address his father as 'dad'. He had to be strictly professional.

"Da.. Sir." He paused. He almost said 'dad' to his father at the workplace.

Sometimes it is hard for Soo Hyuk to address his father as sir at work. Especially, when he is frustrated or furious at his father.

"The deal is settled." He quickly said and his father was frozen for a moment.

He almost seemed surprised for a split second. Soo Hyuk smiled all of a sudden as he looked at his father.

"I did well right?" He asked.

Soo Hyuk waited for his father to actually give him a praise, but his father simply turned to look at his secretary Mr. Han, who is a man in his late forties. He had been working for his father for almost as long as he can remember.

"Give him the project."

Soo Hyuk frowned and looked at his father and back at his secretary, who took out a folder. Soo Hyuk's father Mr. Lee stood still. He cleared his throat and looked at his son.