23. The Morning After

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 23: The Morning After 

The morning after, you awoke in soft sheets, and by the blinding morning light that shone through the curtains. You breathed softly, and your body felt so light, almost like feathers. There was a calmness around you.

The sheets that was wrapped around you, was soft as silk, and hugged you and made you feel warm and cozy on this summer day.

Your eyes were still slightly closed as you soaked into the warmth of the covers. The feeling of not wanting to get up, was there and you sighed deeply.

The bed felt too nice to get up from. You blinked a couple of times, trying to open your eyes and wake up from this good sleep.

You finally opened your eyes and looked out at the bed, where Soo Hyuk was sleeping. However, the bed was empty. You rubbed your eyes a few times tiredly. Had you see wrong? you wondered. You gazed on the empty spot. He wasn't there. You hugged onto the silk covers.

A feeling of emptiness rushed over you, right away, when you discovered that you were alone. Had he just gone?

You felt like crying now as panic got to you. The pair of you had shared such an intimate night together and now he disappeared.

You looked out on the bedtable to see the clock. It was only eight am. You awoke early, but the pair of you also went to bed early last night.

It was still so early in the morning and the sunlight entered the room and brightened up the place. Your eyes wandered to the floor and you couldn't find your clothes. You remembered how the tossed your clothes on the ground.

Last night was real. Your heart pounded deeply. You woke up by yourself and all alone. You had hoped and expected for him to be beside you.

Your heart sank to your stomach and your expression changed from the shy and innocent smile, which you woke up with, to now a sad and devastated look, and all in a matter of seconds.

For a split second, you felt the feeling of regret rush through you. Was last night the right choice? but you only felt the regret for a split second.

After all, you didn't want to regret sleeping with him. It was your choice. It was your choice to let him have your most precious gift. You had even wanted to sleep with him. You felt the need and urge grow inside you last night, and you needed to let it all out and have him.

But it still stung, that he wasn't there when you woke up. You looked down on the silk covers and the pain in your chest grew as seconds passed.

Then the door to the bedroom suddenly opened and the man you had least expected to see, carefully walked in. His back faced you as he shut the door behind him, so carefully, clearly because he thought you were sleeping and didn't want to wake you by accident.

Feeling of relief immediately rushed over you, the moment you saw him in front of you. Soo Hyuk turned around at the doorstep, and he froze, once he saw that you were already up. You were looking straight into his eyes and he gazed back at you silently.

Your dark hair was messed, and laid over your front and back, in waves. You looked sweet, and so innocent. His chest tightened, when he noticed the warm blush on your cheeks. Your cheeks were rose-pink, and you clung onto the silk sheets, which he knew covered your naked body.

Soo Hyuk woke up quite early, he had a shower, then he made a business call and now, he was finally back in his room. Soo Hyuk had a glass of water in his hands and pain killers. He was dressed in his boxers and shirt.