17. Working Together

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 17: Working Together

You stood in front of the dark brown door, and took a deep breath. Your hand was on the door handle. You had never been inside his office, not even once. Somehow, your hand felt like it had gotten glued to the handle.

Your legs felt stiff, although you were shaking inside. Your heart was threatening you to burst out of your ribcage, any moment.

It felt like a dreadful eternity, as you stood outside his office room, unable to move. He was inside the door, waiting. It was your first work day together, you would be working on his Jeju Resort project.

You were still shaken from the past day's incident. He didn't want you on his team. He had gotten so mad at you. You were forced to work with him and you didn't want to be a burden to him.

"Mrs. Lee, aren't you going in? Mr. Lee is waiting for you." A light voice broke out from behind, bringing you back down to the planet earth.

"Huh?" You turned around and looked at a tall woman.

She had long slender legs, a very petite body and bright eyes. Her hair was down to her shoulders in beach-waves. Her hair color was reddish-brown. You looked at her with a puzzled look, as though you had just woken up from a dream.

"Mr. Lee is inside." She said.

You relaxed your brows and blinked a couple of times. That voice seemed familiar. You finally recalled the memory, she was the one whom Soo Hyuk spoke with on the phone, on the day you went to Woo Bin.

"You are?" You asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry for not introducing myself." She quickly tilted her head down and apologized.

You shook your hands, and she straightened her pose and met your gaze.

"I'm Min Ah, Mr. Lee's secretary." She introduced.

Soo Hyuk has a female secretary? And on top of it all, a really pretty one, who looks like a model.

She reached her hand out to you and you took a hold of it and nodded. "You are really pretty." She said and blushed whilst small giggles escaped through her pink lips.

You smiled, awkwardly, receiving compliments could be so awkward, like how do you even receive them? You just thanked her and she smiled further. Then, she finally took off and you stood alone in the hall, in front of his door.

You had to get in now. You took a deep and shaky breath, somehow your heart began to race as you grabbed onto the handle and pulled it down. The door finally opened and you looked out.

Your lips were slightly parted and you finally walked onto the dark wooden floors and entered his . Out front, were two black leather couches and a glass table. That was the first things you noticed, then you looked straight out saw the big windows and the view of Seoul from his office, but his desk wasn't in front of you.

You looked to your right and your body froze, like a statue. He was seated on his black office chair, and his attention was on his laptop. He was wearing a black blazer, with his sleeves rolled back, just a bit, and he wore a white shirt under and black pants. His silky black hair was pulled back.

Behind him on the wall was the company logo LH Group in big letters. In front of his black glass desk were two black leather chairs. He was typing away on the laptop and you noticed the fancy watch he wore.

He oozed charisma and chicness, and looked dashing like always. Then, he finally looked up after a good few seconds had passed, which felt like long minutes and almost like an eternity to you.