13. Boys Will Be Boys (Part 2/2)

Bittersweet Notions of Forever

Chapter 13: Boys Will Be Boys (Part 2/2)

You stood in front of Soo Hyuk and gazed at him with a blank look. Somehow, you couldn't find any words as you looked at him. You had nothing to say to him. What could you even tell him?

He just said that he used to do stuff like this with Joon Hee and the boys. He still talked about her. She was still a part of his and the boy's life. Your heart ached, somehow. She was still in the picture. You didn't want to think about his past. It is his past after all, right?

Does he still love her and wants to be with her?

Young Kwang turned to look at where his friend was looking and he noticed you as well. His feet got glued to the ground and he dropped his jaw, slightly and stared at you with a blank look in his eyes. It didn't take long for him to realize that you had heard his conversation with Soo Hyuk.

Although you hid your expression quite well, Young Kwang could figure that you weren't pleased to hear Soo Hyuk say that, despite him knowing that Soo Hyuk didn't mean to say it in bad way. He knew his friend well.

None of the people around you had noticed it, they were all chatting and occupied with themselves. Somehow your feet felt as though they had gotten glued to the soft green ground under you.

But Soo Hyuk on the other hand looked unfazed. You couldn't read his expression, but he seemed so cold and his expression said nothing, it revealed nothing. He was like a closed book. He just stared at you with a blank look. He was lost for words.

You looked back at him with the same blank expression, but your eyes looked different. Eyes never lie. They seem to speak, when you don't even want to.

You finally broke off the gaze and turned around. You headed back inside Woo Bin's house and Young Kwang quickly turned around and gazed at his friend intently. Soo Hyuk was frozen on his spot. He said something, he shouldn't have said and it came out wrong. But he said the truth, nonetheless.

Young Kwang sighed. "Aren't you going after her?" He asked.

Soo Hyuk watched your small figure disappear from his sight, into the house. He turned his attention back to the food and he flipped the meat again. He scoffed, ignoring his friend's words.

I said nothing wrong he told himself and continued grilling the food.

"Why should I?" Soo Hyuk asked as he looked back up at his friend with the same blank expression and brows raised.

"Hyuk Soo." Young Kwang breathed deeply.

Soo Hyuk sighed as well and rubbed the back of his neck as he said- "I didn't really say anything directly hurtful to her." He said, sternly and groaned.

Young Kwang sighed. "But she doesn't know that." He explained.

Soo Hyuk shook his shoulders. He just mentioned Joon Hee and he said the truth. Joon Hee had hung out with him and the boys, a lot of times in the past. They had these barbecue nights with her and they did a lot of things with her.

Young Kwang shook on his shoulders, he didn't question his friend further. What happened between the pair of you was a private matter, afterall. Instead, he took off to find you, just to bring you back out so that you weren't alone. Young Kwang grabbed a drink from the table, took a sip of it and went inside the house and searched for you in the rooms.

"Nara-ssi?" He called out, knocking on the doors.

You got to the bathroom and washed your hands. You felt like splashing your face with cold water, but that wouldn't go as it would ruin your makeup, which you spent so long on making. Just to look good, because of him, because you didn't want anyone to get a bad impression of you and his friends.