44. Torn (part 2/2)

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 44: Torn (part 2/2)

The house was completely dark, the lights were off in the big house, and you figured that he was still out. It felt almost eerie in the house, and you shuddered as the night breeze lingered on your skin.

You walked up the stairways leading to the long corridor. The place was quiet. All you could hear were the thoughts in your head.

Your head was spinning of the many thoughts that filled your mind. You let out a deep and shaky breath, and you rubbed your eyes tiredly.

Just as you were walking down the corridor and to your room, someone grabbed your wrist and spun you around. You gasped aloud, and your heart dropped to your stomach of fear and surprise.

He gripped your arms and glared into your eyes, and you stiffened like a statue in his hold.

"Soo Hyuk?" You gasped, and you took a deep breath to steady your heartbeat that raced rapidly.

"You startled me." You said quietly as you gazed into his eyes.

You hadn't heard him enter the house nor walk up to you. But he continued staring into your eyes quietly and you soon noticed how he wasn't quite himself.

Anger was burning through his gaze, and he looked almost intimidating. Your heart began to pound against your chest.

It was a familiar look you had seen before. You knew right away that he was angry, but you didn't know why.

"What's wrong?" You finally asked.

You had so many questions in your mind that you wanted to let out, but the angry look he had made you wonder about what had happened to him.

Soo Hyuk suddenly tightened his grip on your wrist, surprising you, and he unexpectedly pushed you against the wall behind you.

You gasped of surprise and tensed up, when your back met the brick wall. He slammed his hand on the wall, quite hard, making you flinch.

Then he quickly leaned down to you and stared into your eyes. He was breathing heavily, his breath fanned your face and you shuddered.

"Cut the innocent act, Nara." He said sharply and your eyes widened of surprise.

You didn't know what had gotten into him and why he was back to his cold old self. A shiver ran down your spine at the remembrance of the last time, he treated you this way, when you had gotten the news of being a part of his Jeju project. You remembered how angry he was that night.

He had the same fiery look in his eyes and cold tone towards you, but this time he somehow sounded different. He seemed a lot angrier. You hadn't seen him this angry before. But you didn't know what the issue was.

"What is between you and him? Huh" He asked suddenly, and he clenched his jaw.

"What are you talking about?" You asked, feeling confused as you stared into his eyes with a lost gaze.

Soo Hyuk stared into your eyes, and then he tilted his head to the side. He rolled his eyes, arrogantly, hissing at you. You furrowed your brows and gazed at him with wide eyes and a somehow a worried look.

"What is it?" You asked once more and softly as you looked into his eyes with wide puppy-like eyes.

He licked his lips soft and chewed on his bottom lip whilst he breathed deeply, and his chest rose. He was quiet, as though he tried to think about how to tell you what was on his mind.