4. Intoxicated

Bittersweet Notions Of Forever

Chapter 4: Intoxicated

Joon Hee had been calling Soo Hyuk the past days since he came at the hospital and found out that she lied about getting hospitalized just to get him out of the party. Soo Hyuk looked at his phone and saw it buzz, he sighed and looked back at his papers.

He had been at work for hours and he was stuck at work now, because there were some issues with another Hotel company from China that he had to deal with.

His phone stopped buzzing and a while later his secretary walked into the room and she had a phone in her hand and an apologetic look on her face. Soo Hyuk knew immediately that his girlfriend had called up his workplace now. He sighed deeply.

Soo Hyuk's secretary named Min Ah had been working for Soo Hyuk for three years. She was a smart woman and she was in the beginning of her thirties. She was a sophisticated woman and knew how to be the right kind of secretary for him. She was basically Soo Hyuk's right hand.

Soo Hyuk knew very well that his secretary Min Ah had tried hard to make Joon Hee hang up the phone, but he also knew how stubborn Joon Hee was.

"She keeps calling sir. She wouldn't listen to me, when I told her that you are busy." The secretary said and bowed with the apologetic look on her face.

Soo Hyuk smiled to her and shook his head showing her that It wasn't something she could deal with. Then he reached out for the phone. The secretary handed the phone and left the room so that he could speak in private.

He cleared his throat and answered the call and Joon Hee immediately raised her voice at Soo Hyuk and she let out a novel full of cusses, because he hadn't been replying to her calls.

Soo Hyuk knew she was mad and he didn't like hurting Joon Hee like that, but because of her his father was mad at him. He did deserve getting a scolding because he had ignored her calls, but he didn't solemnly do that on purpose. He had been busy because of work.

Soo Hyuk left his parents dinner party, because of Joon Hee and he put himself in a bad view and his father already looked down upon him and questioned his skills. But Joon Hee never thought about Soo Hyuk's work and the importance of him winning his father's respect.

He sighed as Joon Hee continued with her endless cussing's at him and then she broke down, finally.

"Joon Hee." He breathed out surprised, when he heard her silent cries and then she began saying how they are meant to be.

"How could this happen. It wasn't supposed to go down this way. I hadn't imagined something like this to happen." She cried.

She said that they were the "It Couple" and they couldn't part. Joon Hee continued crying and Soo Hyuk felt helpless now. He couldn't leave this marriage to you either, he had so many things to work on. His career is important to him, but he also cares about Joon Hee and her wellbeing.

"I'm sorry." He said and he sighed once more.

Soo Hyuk didn't know what to say or do. He couldn't console Joon Hee. He knew that nothing could make it right. Joon Hee finally stopped crying and he rubbed his temples and heard her take a deep breath. He hated hearing her cry. He kind of just didn't like hearing women cry.

"Meet me tonight at 10pm. At the hotel we went to last time." She said and hung up.

Soo Hyuk looked out and sighed. He had a lot of work left to and calls to make and he had to be home as well. He suddenly thought about you and he wondered about what you were doing.