|Fourteen|

Agony.

That's what I felt as soon as Xerxes sank his teeth on my neck.

I gasped at the unwanted pressure that was building up where he had his teeth sank on my neck. I tried to push him away but his one arm that was wrapped around me and his other hand, holding my neck in place refrained me from moving an inch.

He had me locked in a position just how he wanted.

I cried at the burning sensation that spread from my neck to all over body.

My mind was foggy and unclear.

He slowly retracted his canines back and licked my neck clean.

I felt drained of energy as if he had sucked the life out of me.

When his hold loosen just a little I pushed him away with whatever strength was left in me. I backed away far as I could from him.

He could have caught me easily if he wanted to because my movements were slow and unstable.

My left hand reached up to touch the area where he had bit me but as soon as I touched it, it burned making me yelp in pain.

His face was blank and stoic giving away nothing.

"Wha...what did you d-do?" My voice come out in a mere whisper. My throat felt dry and sore.

He cocked his head and eyed my neck where he had bitten me. "I've given you a mark."

I gulped trying to moisten my dry throat. His words didn't settle well with me. "Ma-Mark?" I breathed in deeply.

A sense of fatigue washed all over me but I tried to fight it back by blinking rapidly.

"Yes, a mark of submission." Came his reply. He rubbed his jaw and kept looking at me as if waiting for my next move.

"What does that mean?" I mumbled trying hard to stay awake and keep myself up and not to fall down on the floor.

"That means you can't defy me or my orders now." He replied my questions without any hesitation. "Because I am your Alpha now." He said giving a stress to the word Alpha.

I couldn't understand clearly what he said because I started feeling dizzy and the ground started swirling around. I blinked rapidly trying to clear my hazy state but the more I tried, the more it pulled me into it.

"I don't un..." Before I could even finish my sentence, darkness consumed me but before I could completely lose my conscious I felt myself land on something hard yet soft at the same time.

***

I woke up with a pounding headache as if someone had knocked me out by hitting me at the back on my neck.

I groaned before gripping my hair because my head felt so heavy as if it weight tonnes.

"You're awake." I jumped a little at a sudden noise in an otherwise quiet room.

I saw Lucy standing at the doorway with a tray on her hand which was filled with food. My mouth watered at the sight of heaven on her hands.

She walked into the room closing the door behind her with a little help from her leg.

I licked my lips looking at the tray filled with food in her hands.

I was famished as if I had been starved for days.

My stomach growled loudly proving just how hungry I was.

Lucy chuckled lightly and my face turned crimson in embarrassment. She placed the tray on the bedside table and sat down on the bed, beside me.