|Fifty-Five|

'Meryl'

'Luna'

'Princess'

My ears rang with voices of people calling out to me but I couldn't see anyone. There was no one around me, I was standing alone in the dark. I couldn't see anything, there was complete darkness around me.

The voices kept calling out to me, familiar voices yet I couldn't recognize them. Suddenly there was complete brightness, hitting my eyes making it burn. Shielding my eyes with my arm, I blinked a couple of times trying to adjust to the bright light.

Removing my arm, I looked around me, there was no one, no voices. Every direction I looked, there was complete whiteness, not a tint of any other colour.

Then slowly, the voices were back. My shoulders straighten when I heard the voices from behind me. Drawing in a harsh breath, I turned around ready to face who it was. But there was no one.

I looked down to find my feet bare, not touching the ground but floating in the air. I was so consumed by the wonder of me floating in the air that I didn't realise the voices that was raising around me.

When I was aware of it, my surrounding had already changed. Mist engulfed me, enclosing me within it then like images shown in movies, I saw different faces within the mist, some I recognized, some I didn't. They were from Xerxes' pack, they were the pack members.

I saw my parents face amongst the thousands of faces that was showing within the mist. Then I saw Karl, Oren, Maria, Matthew, Daisy with her child.

They all had a smile of their faces, going on and about with their daily lives. My smile slipped when the images changed and there was blood, blood everywhere.

"No...no..." I watched in horror at the sudden change of images. What was happening?

All the faces within the mist changed one after the other. The smile they once had on their faces disappeared and now they looked in pain, then there was blood. "No...no...no..." I repeatedly uttered the same word, wishing to wake up from this nightmare.

They were dying. They were all dying. Someone was killing them.

"Meryl, my love." I heard a soft familiar voice near my ear but there was no one.

I couldn't get out of the mist, I had no idea how to.

"Can you hear me, my love?" I heard his voice again. I knew him, I recognized his voice yet I couldn't remember him.

I wanted to scream yes but no words escaped my lips. I opened my mouth, trying to say something but nothing came out, my voice disappeared.

Frustrated, I tugged at my hair. I didn't want to be here, there was so much bloodshed. People were dying around me and I couldn't do a thing to stop it. My heart ached at the sight.

Dragging my hands down my hair to my face, I felt something moist. Pulling my hands down and before me, I watched in horror as my hands were stained with blood, fresh blood.

The mist suddenly vanished, not a trace of it around me. I was back to the previous scenario- white, everywhere I looked whiteness surrounded me. As my eyes tried to adjust to the sudden bright surrounding me I stumbled a little when my foot hit something.

A ears rang with a blood chilling scream when I looked down to see what may foot touched, I realized I was the one who screamed.

There were bodies, dead bodies everywhere, thousands and thousands of bodies laying on the now lush green field. The green grass were stained red, a narrow stream of blood cascading down the field.