|Fifty- Seven|

Making my down the stairs, I saw Helen standing by the door not taking any step further looking uncomfortable as her eyes wandered around the house.

"Helen." I rushed to her. Mid way I received a disapproving stare from her. She closed the remaining distance between us and held my arms keeping me in place.

"Be careful, you're pregnant, you shouldn't be running around." She scowled at me.

I scowled back at her and swatted her hands away. I was pregnant not a disable. "I already get enough of that from your Alpha King and Lucy."

I was three weeks into my pregnancy and Xerxes was absolutely strict and cautious around me ordering me what to eat, what to not, what to do, what not to, what was good for the baby and what not. Lucy wasn't any less and though I missed her, I was glad and a little relieve she was visiting a relative from another pack and wouldn't be back for a few days.  I needed some space and break. Sadly, I couldn't deport Xerxes somewhere else.

I had requested Xerxes to let Helen be my caretaker in Lucy's absence as he was reluctant to leave me alone in the house, in my state. He agreed with my preposition and left the house heavily guarded, like always.

Helen and I grew close during my training period with her and I absolutely loved her. She was fun and easy to get along with. She was seventeen, unmated and a strong independent fighter, a complete opposite of me. We were so different in every way yet we just clicked.

"Okay, okay, I get it." She raised her hands in the air, stepping down. "But I love my life very much so don't do anything that would compel the Alpha King to separate my head from my body."

I scoffed at her words, "He would do no such thing."

Helen didn't look convinced but she didn't say anything either. "Ready?" She asked instead.

"Yes, just let me grab a chocolate bar from the kitchen." I grinned sheepishly before making my way in the kitchen and grabbing a chocolate bar.

Chocolate was my new addiction.

I went back munching on the chocolate bar happily, to where Helen stood gaping at the interiors of the house. I chuckled at her reaction before closing her mouth. "Would you like a tour?" I asked sensing her excitement and curiosity through the pack link.

Helen shook her head. "Later, after our walk." She smiled at me when I linked my arm with hers. I threw the wrapper in the waste bin before making our way out.

"Let's go." Helen pulled the large heavy doors opened without any difficulty and ushered me out first, following closely behind.

Dante and Carlos upon seeing me bowed their heads and greeted me. I smiled and waved at them with both hands. I always enjoyed my walks and the fact that I was not alone made it more exciting.

Twelve days ago, Xerxes didn't protest when I asked him if I could take a walk around the pack because I felt stuffy being inside the house for so long. He agreed willingly, kissing my forehead saying I could do anything I wished for as long as I stayed out of danger. But he had one condition, to take Lucy and guards along with me in all my walks.

A week later, I became friends with Dante and Carlos, my guards. At first, Carlos was stiff and uncomfortable around me and would constantly reprimand Dante if he talked to me casually but days later, he came around and now I got three friends.

Carlos and Dante were a stark contrast of each other, Carlos had blonde hair and a fair complexion while Dante had messy brunette locks and tanned skin, their build almost the same.

"Don't wave at dick- stupid people." Helen corrected herself once again as she eyed Dante with narrowed eyes.

Dante rolled his eyes at what Helen said before flicking her forehead.