|Sixty-Four|

The clock soon struck three and it was time for me to depart from Meryl and head out. Meryl held onto my arm as she walked out of the house along with me. Her sadness and worry for me and for what was about to happen seeping through our mind link. Her grip on me was tight with no intention of letting go. Gently, I pushed her hand away and faced her; cupping her cheeks in my palms I kissed her deeply.

'Damien will be here to get you at four thirty, follow him and do as he says. He'll protect you.' I mumbled over her lips, brushing it slightly.

'Will I see you then?' She asked. I wouldn't be able to see her then and not until the end of the battle because the enemies will be expecting me to make a mistake or any kind of slip which I can't afford to make because that will put her in danger.

'No matter where I will be, you'll always be on my mind, my love.' I didn't have the heart to lie and give her false hope nor did I want to hurt her with my words. 'I love you, always will, forever.'

She managed to crack a smile at me as she grabbed my face and brought it close to hers, 'I love you too and I will see you so- we will see you soon.' She corrected herself making me smile at her optimistic words. 'We'll be waiting for you to be return to us, safe and sound.' She held my hand placed it over her stomach.

'I'll always come back to you no matter what.' I gave her one last kiss before pulling away from her completely. 'I have to go now.' Before I change my mind and decide to keep her glued to me which was not the best for her I turned around and walked away, not looking back once scared that I will change my mind if I did.

Upon reaching the pack hall, I saw Violet waiting for me at the entrance. She greeted me with a bow of her head and led me inside the bustling space. All the important rank holders and a few fighters and warriors were present, discussing amongst themselves as they gathered around the table.

'Good evening everyone.' I greeted the people present and didn't waste a second to get on to business, discussing what and how we were going to carry out the plan.

After an hour of discussing and going through everything, I turned to Philip. 'How's he?'

Philip didn't take a second to respond, 'He's stable and wouldn't wake up until tomorrow.' We were talking about Derek, Meryl's cousin who is a member of the Revolutionist. I had placed his responsibility to Philip and had him made sure he wouldn't try anything that will tarnish or sabotage our plans.

'Damien.' I called out to him gaining his attention instantly. I jerked my chin at him and he got the message as he gave me a nod and bowed his head before excusing himself away from the crowd and towards the exit.

Only a few members of the pack knew about where Meryl will be kept hidden. The motive behind the Revolutionist plan to attack us was because they wanted Meryl and so her safety couldn't compromise. Damien will make she will be safe as he guide her to the safe house.

'Heralt.' I called out getting his attention.

'Yes, Alpha King.'

'Did you do what I asked of you?'

'Yes, I gave each guard a bag of it. They will distribute it amongst the pack members before they enter the warehouse. And I have also informed them to take one each.' He answered handing me a pouch of what was remaining of it. The last meeting we had the day before yesterday, late in the night, I handed the pills that my brother sent to Heralt and instructed him what he had to do with it.

'And?' I prodded further.

'Oh yes, I gave two to Damien too.' That was what I wanted to hear. I had already informed Damien about the pills not what it is for but what he has to do if he receives it- he had to take and give one to Meryl. I checked and asked my brother if it will have any side effects if consumed by infants or pregnant ladies, he said there was none which I was thankful for.