|Fifty-Four|

You guys made me scream with your wonderful, entertaining and encouraging comments on the previous chapter.
I love you all so much
❤❤❤

*

MERYL KLOSS POV

Knots tangled in my stomach and I felt sick with worry. Xerxes and many of our warriors were fighting for our pack and for me.

I felt utterly useless for not being able to be of any help despite the reason behind the ongoing battle was for my safety.

I gazed towards the direction of the balcony, my legs and hands itching to move and drew the curtains so I could breathe in peace. I felt suffocated being enclosed behind these four walls doing nothing other than sitting on our bed, worrying.

The lights in the room was switched off, I was supposed to be sleeping but I couldn't and found my solace in the darkness.

I longed to see the moon but I refrained myself and pushed down my heart's desires. Xerxes had specifically ordered any sort of entrance or exit to be kept locked.

There was a tiny gap between the drapes and the room was graced with the trail of moon light, it touched my bare feet and I sighed.

"Ah..." I winced when a pounding ache formed in my head. Groaning, I cupped my head in my hands and closed my eyes tightly.

The pain intensified with every passing second and I fell to the floor. My knees met the rug placed down the bed and I tried to focus on my surrounding. 

Tears pricked in my eyes as the pain shoot through my very skull and I felt like someone was hitting my head with a hammer.

Then, I heard voices, thousands of voices, all at once- girls, boys, old people, young people,  everyone. I gasped, as my heart tugged, my eyes brimming with tears at the intensity of the pain. It was too much.

Every voice was forced into my head but I couldn't make out a single word that was screaming in my head. Like hundreds of needles poking at my head, I felt a zing like sensation for a thousand times, like strings were connecting.

My body felt heavy and hot, like I was set in fire.

"What's...." I gasped trying to concentrate on the voices but it was to no avail. "...happening to me." It went on for like eternity until the voices grew lower and lower until they turned to hushed whispers.

Blowing out a harsh breath, I swallowed hard. My throat drying up and sweat beading over my forehead, trailing down the side of my forehead.

My legs felt weak, my entire body felt weak like I've trained continuously for ten hours. Breathing harshly, I gripped the edge of the bed and tried to get to my feet.

Wobbling on my feet, I landed on the bed with a thud and a tired sigh escaped my lips. For a minute, I tried to focus on my breathing and not to ponder upon what had happened a few minutes ago.

After catching my breath, I got to feet slowly and walked towards the bedside table to pour myself a glass of water. My throat was parched. Quenching my thirst, I messaged my headache, traces of a mild headache remaining.