|Seventy-One|

Nikcolai looked around, his eyes assessing the wolves surrounding us before they landed on me. His eyes briefly went to my stomach then my injured arm before looking away and towards the man that was barking orders before.

'Let me join the party too.'

Nikcolai was over dressed to be standing around us. He was wearing a crisp black suit suit, his black dress shoes were shiny with a hint of dirt at the edges of it and he even wore a grey overcoat over his suit. He indeed was dressed for an occasion which should be anywhere but here.

The wolves watched him like a hawk yet they did nothing as if waiting for something and I realized what they was when the man barked out orders to attack, they all lunged towards Nikcolai at once.

Before my eyes could process what was happening, one after the other wolves were dropping down on the ground unable to lay a single on Nikcolai who seemed to be relax as his movements were controlled and well-planned.

When one of the wolves missed him to attack and instead ended up bumping onto his arm, he shook his head. 'Don't touch my designer clothes, they're expensive.' He was clearly mocking them, riling them up so that they would lose their cool and it worked as their attacks were spontaneous and ill-timed which worked to be in Nikcolai's favour and proved my assumption that they were not trained fighters.

The fight was over soon. Though Violet and I assisted Nikcolai in fighting off the wolves, we didn't have to do much as he handled them easily. He was phenomenal. Watching him fight against the wolves was something spectacular and I was made to realize the power and the difference in strength the Royals possess as against the other wolves. No one stood a chance against him.

After taking down the last of the wolf, the leader of the group who shifted to make a run for his life when he realized they didn't stand a chance against Nikcolai, he dusted off his coat as if to get rid of the dirt. He then turned to me, his eyes briefly assessing the wound on my arm which had healed already Nikcolai made his way over to me.

'You've used it.' That was first thing he said as he approached me.

Violet shifted back to her human form and shielded me from Nikcolai. She probably wasn't aware who he was.

'It's okay, Violet. He's Xe-Alpha King's brother.' I corrected myself quickly.

Violet moved away from me slowly but not before giving a look at Nikcolai. 'Is this how you treat a Royal? Brother didn't teach his fighters well.' Nikcolai said with a mocking tone. He was never the one to speak directly but use a roundabout way to get his message across and I've learned about this quality of his by our few unavoidable and unpleasant conversations.

'Alpha King's orders were to protect Luna Queen at all cause and not to trust anyone.' Violet retorted, her displeasure towards Nikcolai obvious. 'No matter who he or she is.' She added.

Instead of retorting something witty or insulting like he usually does he chuckled before taking off his coat and offered it to Violet who quirked a brow his way.

'I am fine as I am. Thank you.' Violet didn't seem to be bothered standing stark naked in front of an unknown man.

Nikcolai didn't look bothered or fazed with her nakedness as he shrugged and put his coat back on.

'What do you mean by I used it?' I asked.

Nikcolai furrowed his brow my way and titled his head. 'I see brother didn't say anything to you about it.'

'Then tell me.'

Nikcolai turned to Violet whose back straighten at his suggestive stare. She seemed to be contemplating what to do before giving up. 'I will look around for clothes.' She gave one last look at Nikcolai before turning on her heels and walking away.