Phobias ( just another pile of Haikyuu!! trash )

Chrysophobia - Fear of the color orange.

Tetraphobia - Fear of the number 4.

Xanthophobia - Fear of the color yellow.

Now you know what those are.

So imagine...

What if Kageyama Tobio, the almighty King of the court, had chrysophobia?

... *Death Parade ending starts playing*
I'm not gonna maaake it
Is it almost over nooow?

Just freaking imagine. What if he had a fear of the color orange but Hinata still meets him because of that match when they both were in junior highschool? Like... Kageyama not being able to be in the game because his fear is kicking in or something while his teammates just kinda wonder what's wrong with him. They try to put him to the game but the coach tells them what's happening, so he doesn't take part in the game and Hinata does not declare him his life-long rival and hates Turnip Head instead. Hey, that rhymed. Anways, when he goes to Karasuno, on his first day, I mean Hinata, he goes to the volleyball court and there he sees Kageyama. The only difference is he doesn't know him yet, but ou-sama recognizes the shrimp since no one else would have that overly-bright orange hair besides him. I wonder what happens? Either Kageyama cowers in fear or just stands there frozen, and when Hinata goes near him, he just kinda goes to punch his face on instinct and yells at him not to approach him or show himself to the king. I heard people with phobias get panick attacks when they are confronted by what they fear, so after a few seconds of arguing, Kageyama most likely loses his consciousness and faints due to the extreme effect of the panic attack. The third years just arrive to find a short first year fretting over a corpse -- I mean an unconscious student -- and they take the tall kid to the infirmary. Hey, he's freaking 5'11". He just got underrated because of Tsukishima. I have got no clue about what happens next, but if you ship KageHina (*cough* *cough*), I would be pretty sure that their story's going to be even better with Kageyama trying his best not to die everytime orange comes into his view because he respects Hinata as a player, a teammate, a classmate and a human. Then Hinata tries to help the king get over this strangely hilarious fear of his by trying to ask around even when it makes him look even more stupid than ever and all that stuff. Eventually, though, Kageyama just goes there and 'faces his fear' and then it gets better so to this day, he is slowly starting to get over his fear. Another thing. Maybe he got the fear because something happened which involved fire ( in which orange is dominant ) in his childhood but then when he is forced to tell everyone, it just kinda... yeah. You get it. *facepalm* The scenes playing out in my mind are too stupid to explain.

Moving on.

Tetraphobia, the fear of the number 4. Jerseys have numbers on them, and Karasuno's number 1 is Dadchi, 2, Sugamama, 3, Asahi and 4... is Nishinoya. Just imagine Asahi having a fear of the number 4 and then the number 4 jersey just happens to be colored orange ( gods be damned, everything is seriously connected ). So visualize Asahi Azumane, third year, current ace of Karasuno boys' team, fearing the previous and the current number 4. And then the fact that he also had a fight with Noya while they were still in jerseys ( I think ) at that time in the gym storage room wherein the broke the innocent mop which lay on the floor. Sigh... poor innocent mop. The weak are stepped upon while the strong fight in their own little war, showing us that injustice really does prevail. Tell me I'm not hearing cricket sounds. Anyways, while they play, Jesus Christ ( no harm meant to religious people ) just keeps on accidentally catching sight of Noya's jersey and loses focus in the game. Suga goes to toss to him but then he was too absorbed in trying to drive the fear away that he miscalculates the distance and right timing, either jumping too high or too low, late or early and much to the right than left. He hasn't told anyone about his fear, and this probably is the core reason why all of his spikes got blocked during their match against Date Tech/Dateko whatsoever. And then when the score hits a number where four is present, he just panicks and hopes that someone goes to make a move to change the score. Maybe the reason for his "glass heart" is because he always sees the number 4, and that the oversized teddy bear who is a descendant of the 'legendary' bigfoot is actually emotionally stronger than what we know because he is able to cope up with this weird fear he has and then one time when they had another game and stayed overnight in one place, someone happens to overhear a conversation between him and a family member on the phone and they just were discussing about his fear of the number 4. That person most likely would be Noya, and knowing him, he'd just kinda go and break in and rage-quit, asking Asahi why he hasn't told anyone about something so serious. Asahi apologizes, of course, but then Noya keeps on yelling at him and eventually, the noise attracts attention. Everyone gathers and hear the story out, and then stuff happen like for example... Dadchi starts hating himself because he failed as a team captain, a fellow third year and a friend. Or maybe Asahi cursing himself because of this fear that caused their team to drift apart ( wait what ) or Noya sulking and trying to think of ways and desperately crying out to everyone to ban the number 4 from the team ( because he obviously admires the ace judging from his attitude towards the issue on season 1 ) but stuff still keep happening and eventually, Asahi, like Kageyama, starts losing his fear of the number as the last days of his highschool years approach.
... Not sorry for that.

Now I originally had two rants for this last phobia, but then I realized that Kenma doesn't have natural blonde ( yellow ) hair. Only Tsukishima does. So his and precious Yamaguchi's story happens way, waaay back in the past. Like, when they were still children. So that event wherein Yamaguchi was getting bullied by 'mean' children because of his freckles ( oh gods, children rlly ) and then Tsukishima comes to the damned rescue. They didn't know each other at that time yet, did they? Makes it all nicer. Tsukishima bumps into them randomly and says that 'lame' thing while looking down at and on them because he's too tall for Asian comprehension ( i suspect he's a half like look at his YELLOW, LOL, blonde hair ). Yamaguchi sees him of course because he has eyes then freezes on the spot because of the yellow. No one actually knows, but he has Xanthophobia. So the bullies let the both of them go and Yamaguchi could do nothing but stare, panick washing over him because of the same reason I suspected in Kageyama's article. Go back if you don't remember. Tsukishima notices something weird about the freckled angel -- kid -- and approaches him, sending even greater fear pulsing through the shorter one's nerves like, I'm serious. Even so, Yamaguchi tries to act normal and forces himself to thank the tall kid but no words come out because he's now having a ... *drumroll* ... panic attack. Hurray ( agh ). He just loses consciousness on the spot and Tsukishima just kinda doesn't know what to do at this point, so he tries to wake the other guy up until an adult comes passing by and takes Yamaguchi to a hospital. Tsukishima is being told to go attend classes but because we all know that he's a kind soul just trying to be cold ( i hate tsunderes ), he kinda stays there and makes up lame excuses like this kid being his brother or something. Then later that afternoon, when Yamaguchi wakes up, Tsukishima was said to already have been fetched by another man, which is his real brother, the one and only Akiteru, Karasuno's ace... of the cheering squad! *facetable* See? He wasn't lying. He said he was the ace but he didn't specify the field. Tsukishima was just too 'young' to understand the logic behind that sentence. Rest in peace. So anyways, I'm getting off topic and the next day, Yamaguchi goes off to search for Tsukishima because he's too nice and he thinks he was too rude the day before, passing out on a person who did nothing but help him. He prepares his mind and meets the tall kid inside the gym for volleyball club and talks to him, though even more in a nervous way than what had been showed in the anime because Tsukishima literally is all yellow ( hair and eyes ). Since he's smart, Tsukishima finds out something is wrong about how Yamaguchi is acting and kinda goes and asks him whether he was okay or not ( read One More Day and you'll cry at that statement ). Yamaguchi gets taken aback and theeen they explain stuff to each other and all that, then Yamaguchi just avoids looking at the yellow everytime in order to be able to engage in a full conversation with the unluckily blonde in this situation. Stuff happens and now on this day, the horrifying Xanthophobia is now gone. I know it's kinda unfair but, hey. They met at childhood so there's really nothing wrong with that, is there? Because then, if I didn't remove his fear and he only learned how to be chill around his childhood friend, I'd have to shower Yachi, Coach Ukai and Kenma with "poor you's" and a touch of mockery. Even Tanaka's sister and that other blonde guy who cheers for the team with the guy who taught Yamaguchi how to jump serve.

Anyways, this was another stupid and cringey chapter but I hope I did manage to deliver the damned situations to your minds at this point. They were nonsense but ahhh, ideas just come to me at random. Get used to it.