• 30-day challenge • day 22 •

i don't want to go outside anymore dammittttttttt

______________
____________________

DAY XXII - YOUR... FUCKING ACADEMICS

________________
_____________________

um... what the fuck is this question omg i wanna end it but fffndbvcdkakqod--

________________
____________________

√ alright. i wanted to forget about this topic during the duration of my summer vacation (summer but it's stormy, yes, tropical countries in a goddamned nutshell), but here we are. i'm just gonna have to suffer after this because i'd be thinking about my school again fuckkkk

anyways, my academics aren't great. well, they once were. but, as i said last chapter, i lost my grip of the future by 6th grade. so from there, it all went downhill, my high numbers tumbling towards the rocky base of the mountain and hurtling to their death. no, really. during that time, i wasn't interested in getting high grades anymore, and i didn't want the top scores as well. it's just really insignificant, because those numbers won't feed you, those numbers won't guarantee you a safe place in society when you grow up, and won't get you a second life so you can enjoy the times you wasted studying for a fucking exam.

my academic scores are literally nuts right now, and whether or not i'll flunk out on a test doesn't mean squat to me anymore. have i ever told you yet that i don't even answer my math exams anymore? i once tried to understand it all, but when the teachers-in-training came to teach us, that was when i fucking lost it and abandoned the whole subject. they were so shitty that my outlook on the topic itself became blurry and enclosed itself in a tight box. it slapped me in the face, when they taught us, that people care about nothing else other than the fucking quadratic formula. they don't appreciate art, they don't plan to hone communication, they don't want to give praise to capabilities. it's just solving a problem with a godforsaken calculator-esque brain wired by society's twisted standards.

that's why academics are literal crap to me nowadays. i deem academics as something that orients people into thinking that ranking and numbers determine the future of the planet earth. so i shun it. that's not what i want. i want everyone to be aware of the fact that not all talent and potential lies in gym class, english class, crafting class, and especially not in mathematics.

so, as you can already fathom, my grades are crap.

i'm just gonna give a quick summary of our grading system.

our school is a shitty school which wants to appear extravagant to other schools, so they do lots of crappy segmentation and blah blah blah. well, i admit it must have been great in its prime (it's 101 years old now), but dude. it's just... shit today.

so they have three sections (which is a main cause of dispute between students).

√ section 1: the "science class", where everyone expects utmost discipline and "intelligence" and "skills" among its students. the passing grade is 85 (which is not normal), and if one of your subjects hit a grade below the said marker, you won't be able to get a rank no matter how high your other grades are. this applies to all quarters. they're dismissed at 5 pm, although, the school decided to remove research as a major subject and put it into livelihood education shit. i just happen to be in this class, i don't know.