Applause ( oneshot )

This isn't an anime oneshot. It's just going to be some kinda short story thing with desperate attempts at vague plots xD

- - -
- - -

There had been one point in my life when I was straying away from what I called 'myself'.

I wandered.

I walked over the corpses of my rotten goals, my dead ideals and my dreams that I knew for sure were never to rise from the realm of the fallen.

I splashed around in puddles that accumulated from the never-ending rain that I had made no effort to will away by dancing the rain dance.

I hate rain. It's stubborn.

I wallowed in despair and agony, loathing, self-hatred, jealousy, anger, I basked under the burning flames of all my regrets that had ascended into my darkened sky as the sun.

It lit up my world.

Yes, it did.

It emitted an absolutely horrendous, morbid glow that made me sick to my stomach. It illuminated the conserved space inside my head, reminding me of all the times I failed before I even tried to take action.

And of course, of the crushing defeats that harnessed enough power to knock me out of the arena before the battle began.

The defeats that I didn't even want to win against.

The blades I didn't anticipate.

The arrows that shot forth from the empty shells of society's words, juggling a mass of false truths that were morphed into a theory without basis.

I walked.

And jogged.

Then sprinted.

I tried to run away.

I tried so hard to run away from these claws that tried to pin me down to the ground, that tried to rob me of my happiness that was very little to begin with.

Through alleys and sections, forks in the road and narrow, worn-down cobblestone passages. Through dirt and grass, shores and valleys.

I dashed across everything.

And I hated everything, because everything hated me.

As I ran, the surfaces tripped me.

The pebbles turned into gnashing little pests that ate away at my sanity with every step.

Ah. . . I wish I learned how to fly.

I truly wish I did.

But I chose to stick to the ground, rooted like a tree, because I didn't think I had any business up in the sky. And now, the earth's wrath is acting against me, whom it hates.

The sky was for angels, for singing faeries that brought joy and sprinkled dust of happiness upon the land.

But I was just a rat. A vermin, a wretched being that society wishes to terminate.

I wonder why?

Was it because of that one mistake I made?

A simple slip of the tongue that brought all backs turned to me?

Isn't it okay to make a mistake, an inevitable deliverance of my honest feelings for once in my life?

So if that's the case, that means my opinions and thoughts are just plain insignificant? No. . .

Something worthy of nothing but rancor?

You see, a few souls had taught me how to appreciate the natural beauties of life.