• 30-day challenge • day 25 •

i'm just gonna be here writing because my head hurts for no apparent reason. actually, this always happens when i'm lying down and reading on my phone. this sucks.

_____________
_________________

DAY XXV - SOMETHING YOU'RE CURRENTLY FUCKING WORRIED ABOUT

_________________
______________________

no shit.

_____________
_________________

√ as of now, i am stressing over my financial standing. like always. fuck, it's not even something "current", i always wrack my brains out for this shit. like, the difference between being on a budget and being poor is not defined by my constant mulling over the state of my cash. being on a budget means you're spending less than you usually would, and being poor means you're spending less than anyone else because if you milked your wallet out of the last bill and your purse of the last coin, you're literally peniless. like literally zero.

this probably never happens to first-worlders who can just ask for a wad of cash from their parents and be handed a whole fucking suitcase of million dollar cheques. this also doesn't happen to my folks who are a little well-off, but it's rare for your mother or father to just hand you a large bill in here. and it's even rarer for this household to suddenly have two hundred pesos to hand over to me for an appointment. i know, that's probably too much. but man, shit is getting more expensive these days, and i don't even think of getting a fucking taxi because that shit is beyond the reaches of my fucking wallet. so i have to constantly do math in ny head about how much i'll be spending on jeepneys depending on the distance it would get covered for me.

like, if you'd ride a distance of 3 kilometers at most, you're paying seven pesos for students or seniors and eight point fifty for working people. and i usually take, like, two to three rides to get to my appointment places, which would cost me 17 pesos at most. if i had a hundred, that's 83 left, and eighty fucking three is not enough if you want to actually eat lunch. and i'm mostly gone for a whole day.

so for instance that i decide to stop by the cheapest place i know and eat lunch for 45, that'd be... 38 left in my pockets. and that's lunchtime, still. i wouldn't buy a drink because i have some bottled water in my bag (which is mostly a whole litre because i sweat like crazy [sometimes it's insufficient actually]), and that helps me save.

so instead of taking a ride to the next stop, i walk. and if i had come from the usual place and ate the cheap place's lunch, i would have either taken a jeepney which would have cost me another seven, or, walked and spent more tine doing so. if it were a rush, i spent 7, and that's 31 left. i don't usually have lunch, but for instance. and if i return to the venue and spend another seven, that makes it 22.

so when afternoon comes and everyone else gets snacks and shit, i don't because i'm probably not hungry, but the most likely reason is that i'm saving up the last 22 pesos.

then time to go home, i'd probably take two rides. this is when we usually eat, but for the sake of normal circumstances, i made it to be lunchtime. so another ride would cost me eight. that's 14 left. another final ride, i have 6 pesos left. on the way home (wherein i have to climb stairs that go up all the way to a fucking mountaintop because our fucking house is right there), i would probably buy myself a cookie to munch on while resting at my checkpoint, and that's all my money spent. i didn't even buy anything unecessary or spend even a single coin thoughtlessly, but it was literally just the exact amount.

that, my friends, is the way i literally live my life everyday budgeting my shit as a poor human being. you might be thinking... "why not just refrain from going the fuck out?"

that, i can't do. for a number of reasons, and one of them is to keep my fucking rationality from falling onto my pillow.

anyways, i'm just gonna cut it short and leave y'all to either be disgusted or be chill about me and my living conditions lmao. fucking heck, i dont even care about what your reactions will be but do leave comments and all, whether they're stories, of similar experiences during that one time you forgot to ask your guardians for money, or things you can say about how i usually go by. if uraraka is "poor as shit" (according to some post i saw) in Japan and a hero-ridden society, it's probably my equivalent in my country lol

______________
__________________

what the fuck did i just write

____________________

No tags. Tag yourself. Running out of people oops