Bridge- Gabriel x reader

Gabriel had come to me in a dream. He came to me in my hour of need. He held me back from the ledge I so badly wanted to hurl myself off of. Literally. I remember that night so vividly.

I had just received the news of my parents' unfortunate accident. Some idiot drunk driver had hit their car going the wrong direction on the interstate. The collision was fatal. I was on the other side of the country, and I had no one to comfort me. My boyfriend had just dumped me, but not before beating the crap out of me and stealing my car. He took so much money from me too. Then I got let off at work. They said that they had just found someone who was better for my job, and they left me on the streets.

I had this pain in my chest that wouldn't go away. And a physical pain, not heartbreak or any of that bullshit. I couldn't go to a doctor because I knew I couldn't afford it, so I just let it be while I tried to search for another job on such short notice. The pain just got worse. And then I couldn't pay for my apartment anymore, so they evicted me and took most of my stuff to pay for my missed rent.

I was down on my luck and in pain, living in the streets. I tried for weeks. Two months, actually. I really did try. But it was just too much. So, one weekend, I walked to the highest bridge in the city and stood on the edge of the fencing. I stared down at the icy water and shivered, thinking about what I was about to do. I didn't want to die, but living was causing me so much physical and mental pain at that point. I closed my eyes, and I threw my body forward. But I didn't move off of the wall. My feet stayed planted and my torso stayed in place. I opened my frozen shut eyes and turned myself so I could maybe try to see what was causing my dilemma. I looked back at the sidewalk behind me, where the beautiful man stood. He had his hand held out like he was commanding my movements with just the flick of his wrist. He walked closer to me and helped me down from the ledge. He noticed I was shivering, so he wrapped his arms around me, and teleported us to a motel room.

He sat me down on the bed and kneeled in front of me. He looked me in the eyes and grabbed my hands. His eyes showed immeasurable sadness.

"(Y/N), I couldn't let you do that. I couldn't. You're so young and beautiful. You're meant for great things. You have a purpose. You are my purpose. I'm supposed to watch after you, and over time I've fallen in love with you and your beautiful soul. I couldn't let you end it like this. You deserve so much better than this ending. I'll give you anything you wish, right now. Please just promise me you'll stay here tonight. Let me watch over you." I nodded and squeezed his hands.

"What's your name, sir? That's all I want to know. You've saved me, but I know nothing of who you are."

"My name is Gabriel. I am your guardian angel. I am here to protect you."

I tried to stand so that I could get a drink, but the pain in my side caused me to fall back onto the bed in agony. Gabriel looked alarmed before holding me steady and lifting up my shirt.

"(Y/N), just let me take care of it. I can make all of the pain go away. I just need you to hold still."

I slowed my writhing in pain. He lifted my shirt up all of the way and placed his hands on my ribs under my left breast, where the pain was coming from. Slowly, I felt like I was filling with light. The pain was going away and I was in a state of bliss. He finally took his hands away from my chest and wrapped his arms around me. I tried to get up again, but he stopped me.

"What do you need? I'll get it for you, whatever it is."

He seemed so desperate to please me after what had happened. It was kind of nice to be treated so kindly after everything I had been put through in the past few months.

He went and got me my water, then tucked me in and laid beside me. I slept sounder that night than I ever had.

-------

The next morning, when I woke, he was still lying by my side. He had not left me at any point in the night. I felt loved. Warm. Protected. For the first time in my life I was happy. Truly free.

I love Gabriel. And I know Gabriel loved me. But then Lucifer had to come along and ruin all of it. Again.

My angel was gone. Really gone. And when I went to meet him in heaven, he wasn't there. So I was left in an eternal state of hell with the Winchesters to blame. And they would pay if it was the last thing I caused in my lifetime. Pain and suffering would soon consume the Winchesters' days.