He Needs You- Dean x reader

"Baby, why do you always do this? You don't listen to me. Everything you do is always so much more important than what I want to do." I screamed at my boyfriend, Dean.

"(Y/N), I don't know if you can tell, but I've kind of been busy trying to stop the apocalypse! Yes, stopping the world from ending is more important than going on a date! I don't need a damn break from the work! I need to work harder! Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"I don't understand you anymore. We don't even talk! It's either yelling or it's silence! And I hate that," I cried.

"I think I prefer the silence."

I looked up at him, actually hurt this time. Based on how he looked back at me, he could tell he took this fight one step too far. He looked like he might have slightly regretted what he had said. But he held his ground. A tear fell from my eye. I just shook my head at him out of disbelief and turned to our shared room.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I didn't acknowledge him and just kept walking. When I got to our room, I grabbed my duffel full of clothes and supplies and weapons that I keep ready for hunts. I pushed past Dean, who was standing in the doorway. He tried to grab my arm to stop me, but I pulled away.

"Now, (Y/N)–"

"Go back to hell, Dean Winchester," I bit. I felt pain in my cheek. He had backhanded me. This bitch had backhanded me. I got out. I didn't look back. I took my car that Dean had gifted me. It wasn't until I was fourteen miles out that I even realized how big of a mess I was in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My life really changed for the better once I left Dean. I had gone back to school. I was enrolled in their new sales and business program. Maybe I'd be able to find a decent job when I finished the classes. I was renting a cheap house near campus for the next year and a half. Since I just needed a few more credits to get my degree, I only had to be there three more semesters.

I was boiling some water for mac-n-cheese when a knock sounded at my door. I turned off the stove since I couldn't damage this place or I'd lose my deposit and I answered the door.

"You son of a bitch."

"(Y/N)–"

"Get out," I growled to Sam, standing on my porch.

"(Y/N), just hear him out–"

"Sam, I don't want to talk to that bastard!"

"Please," he begged, getting down on his knees. "He's a mess without you. He's been drinking nonstop. He hasn't been eating like he usually does. He barely talks to me. He locks himself in his room. Please come back. I miss you. He needs you. He is going to end up drinking himself to death."

"He was gonna do that anyway," I sneered, slamming the door in his face and locking it. The Winchesters weren't going to ruin my life again. I wouldn't let them stop me from finishing school again. I got out. I wasn't too quick to throw myself back in.

Sam kept knocking at my door. I ignored it and turned the stove back on. And I made my mac-n-cheese and ate it all because I'm an adult and I do what I want. I have my shit together. I'm in college again.

I was so relieved when the knocking and shouting at my door stopped. I smiled and cleaned up before locking all of the doors to the house. I turned off the tv and all the lights and headed down the hall to my room. I put Netflix on my laptop and laid down. I tried to get as comfy as possible, because who knows what hell tomorrow would bring.