> Two <

"Hey, Mafu-kun," Soraru called, rocking on the bed.

"Yes?"

"You always have that doll with you. What is it?"

Mafu looked down at the doll in his hands. "It's Mafuteru."

Soraru blinked. That response didn't necessarily answer his question, but he wasn't going to push it any further. He stared down at Mafu, still looking down at his doll. "Are you okay with sitting on the floor?"

"Yes."

Soraru opened his mouth, but no words came out. It was practically impossible to keep a conversation going. "Ah... anyway, you're starting your last year of junior high in the spring, right?"

"Yes."

Soraru smiled, "That's good. I have a friend in the same year as you. If I introduce him to you, then you won't have to start off the school year with no one you know."

"Okay."

Soraru face-planted into the bed sheets. He was as emotionless as emotionless could get. "Ahaha..." Soraru forced a laugh. "We should probably get to sleep soon."

Mafu pushed himself off from the floor, Mafuteru in his hand, and walked towards the door. When he opened it, Soraru asked, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get an extra blanket," Mafu said, unmoving by the door.

"Why? We have one right here..." Soraru trailed off. "Don't tell me you're going to sleep on the floor."

Mafu, still standing in the doorway, didn't say anything. He heard Soraru click his tongue and the creak of the bed before his arm was tugged back. Despite Soraru's forcefulness, all Mafu did was let out a soft noise, but otherwise, he didn't struggle. In contrast to the abruptness before, Mafu was softly set on the bed.

"I'm not letting you sleep on the floor," Soraru said, his hands on Mafu's shoulders. He let go and climbed beneath the covers, patting the spot next to him. "Come on."

Mafu crawled over next to Soraru and slipped under the covers. Soraru switched the bedside lamp off, and the room was drowned in darkness. Their backs were facing each other, and it wasn't long, maybe twenty minutes, when the creak of the bed sounded. Soraru felt the mattress dip down and heard the sound of Mafu shifting, then feet touching the floor. The door slowly opened a crack and Soraru glanced over, eyes squinted, to see Mafu slipping out of the room. He stared at the open door until he heard footsteps nearing again. Soraru closed his eyes quickly and pretended to be asleep as Mafu entered with a blanket and shut the door quietly.

Opening his eyes again, Soraru heard Mafu lay down on the floor. He closed his eyes again and soon fell asleep to Mafu's steady breathing.