>> Seventeen <<

"So, Mafu-kun, did you get to know Amatsuki better?"

"Yes. He has good intentions."

"That's good... but shouldn't we be sleeping?"

Soraru glanced over at the clock that read 3:23 in grey, blocky letters.

"Just a little longer," Mafu said, eyes not leaving the window pane.

"You said that...." Soraru thought for a minute, "half an hour ago."

"Why don't you go to sleep first? I didn't force you to stay awake with me."

"I'm not sleeping if you're not sleeping."

At that, Mafu finally turned to look at Soraru. He looked down before getting up and walking towards the bed. Gently sitting beside Soraru, Mafu pulled the blanket up over his body. Soraru reached out and pulled Mafu closer.

After a few minutes of quiet, Mafu spoke up. "Soraru-san... who's Hashiyan?"

Soraru pulled back when the name was mentioned. "Why are you asking that?"

"You seem to be against him."

"We aren't going to talk about him."

"Why not?"

Soraru turned over, so his back was facing Mafu and all he could see was the wall. "You don't need to worry about that. Go to sleep."

He heard Mafu huff, and then the mattress shifted. Out of the corner of his eye, Soraru saw Mafu get up and retrieve the extra blanket from that time that was put off to the side. He didn't think that would ever be in use again.

There was a small thud as Mafu lay down on the floor and pulled the blanket up to cover himself fully. "Okay, then I will," he said quietly in retaliation to Soraru's earlier statement.

Soraru shut his eyes and made a decision that he would probably regret in the future, but it wasn't that big of a deal right now.

He let Mafu go.