>> Twenty Five <<

It was warm.

It was hot.

Everything was hot.

The most warmth, however, was concentrated around Soraru's lips. His eyes sprang open, and he stared at Mafu's face in front of him. He was kissing him. Soraru pushed Mafu off and backed up against the headboard.

That.... actually scared the shit out of him.

Both of them were breathing heavily. Soraru still wide eyed, and Mafu had his head lowered. When he finally raised it, Soraru saw that Mafu was heavily blushing.

He froze. With such an alluring look like that, all rationality had flown out the window that Mafu seemed to like so much.

Soraru reached out and pulled Mafu into another kiss. His arms wrapped around Mafu's waist, and he pulled him in closer. He felt Mafu practically leaning into the kiss. Soraru's hand slowly sneaked its way up his shirt, lightly stroking his back. The anticipation was killing him. He wanted to hear Mafu--

His eyes sprang open. All he saw was the ceiling. Soraru was, at this point, hyperventilating. He turned onto his side, and was met with the bottom of the bed. Somehow, he had ended up on the floor. He was lucky Mafu didn't wake up when he did land on the floor. At least Mafu wouldn't be able to see...

Soraru managed to steady his breathing, and he looked over at the clock. It was about ten minutes before his alarm would go off. It took him a while to figure that out, though. He was still in a bit of a shock. When it finally sunk in, he let out a quiet mocking laugh.

The laughs slowly melted into silent hysteria, and then full blown panic. That was when he made a mistake. Amidst all the emotions he was feeling, he didn't know he did it, but he had slammed his fist onto the ground. The noise from that managed to wake Mafu up.

Too late, Soraru realized what he did, and couldn't make it back on the bed in time before Mafu spotted him. Soraru lowered his head as Mafu's eyes widened. "Soraru-san," Mafu said. "How did you make it onto--"

Mafu stopped both his words and actions abruptly. "Soraru-san...." he voice was barely a whisper. "Are you crying...?"

Hearing that, Soraru's eyes widened, and he brought a hand up to his face. It was true; he was crying. But how? He never noticed.

How can I be a brother to you, Mafu-kun?

How can I do it after that? After everything?

I don't want to do that to Mafu-kun.

Mafu-kun.... Mafu.... Mafu...

Soraru felt a pressure on his shoulder and immediately flinched, slapping Mafu's arm away from him. He didn't mean to do it so hard, but the sound resonated in the room and rang in his ears. "Don't touch me..." Soraru ordered quietly.

"Don't touch me," he repeated louder.

He didn't want to see Mafu's expression, but from what was in his vision, he didn't even think Mafu was breathing. Without another word, Soraru stood up from the floor and disappeared into the bathroom, slamming the door closed behind him.