>> Thirty Six <<

Soraru looked through the closet for any extra blankets. He was sure his house would have them. Based on the situation from today, he thought it better to give Mafu his space, and instead of sleeping with him, Soraru would sleep on the couch.

He dug around some more and finally found a nice sized blanket. If his parents asked, then he would say that he would give Mafu his space because he's sick. Soraru folded the blanket over his arm and shut the closet door quietly. When he reached the door to his and Mafu's room, he paused. Through it he could faintly hear Mafu's sobs.

Soraru wanted so badly to go in a comfort him, but his presence would probably make it worse. With a throbbing heart, he continued on downstairs. Amatsuki was already waiting in the living room.

"You know whatever is going on can't go on forever, right?" Amatsuki said.

"Yeah. I know. Let me make a quick call." Soraru set down the blanket on the couch and pulled out his phone. He dialed the number he remembered from all those years before. The other side picked up on the second ring.

"Help me," Soraru said immediately.

A few seconds of talking from the other side passed.

"Okay," Soraru answered and closed his phone. He turned to Amatsuki. "I need to go out for a bit. Stay here with Mafu."

Soraru started toward the front door, but as he passed Amatsuki, the brunette grabbed onto his arm. "Amatsuki what--"

"Tell me what the hell is going on," Amatsuki stared Soraru down.

Soraru cast his eyes downward, and shook off Amatsuki's hand. "Later. I need to go."

Without another word, Soraru disappeared.

|*|*|

"It really was a surprise when you called me. What could've happened that brought about this occasion."

"He found it."

"It?"

"The picture."

"..... Ah, I see now. And what do you want me to do about it?"

"Just do something. In any case, he won't listen to me or want to see me anymore."

"So, when you run up against a wall, you come running to me for help."

"Don't phrase it like that. Don't do anything rash, but just help."

"You know it's going to be difficult with Amatsuki around."

"Yes, I know, but Mafu should be able to take care of that himself."

"Really, now."

"..."

"Don't look at me like that. Just so you know, Soraru, this is your mistake coming back to kick you."

"Yeah, I know. I just don't want to be the one that tells him."

|*|*|

Amatsuki leaned back on the couch, thinking hard. His two friends were definitely acting strange, but he didn't know why. The sound of the front door opening interrupted his thoughts, and he bolted up. "That was shorter than I thought you'd be out," Amatsuki stated as Soraru entered the living room. "Now can you tell me what's going on?"

Soraru sat hunched over, face in his hands. Amatsuki's eyebrows furrowed with worry.

"I'm sorry, but can you go home for today?" Soraru whispered.

His worry turned to anger. "What the heck?! You two are acting all out of wack, and you expect me to sit by and do nothing?!" Amatsuki stood up and walked over to Soraru, who didn't look up. "I want to make sure none of you are getting yourselves hurt!"

When Soraru still didn't give any sign of responding, Amatsuki huffed and turned his back. "Whatever, tell me when you're ready." Then he added, quietly, "If ever."

After putting on his coat and boots, he exited the house and closed the door behind him. The cold air swirled around him as he paused on the doorstep.

Honestly, he thought, digging a hand into his hair, what is this?

--

I'm moving the update for tomorrow to today to say happy birthday to Mafumafu-san! Also congratulations on his album release, right?

I wish him good fortune for future years!

Have a nice day all of you!