> Six <

They were walking down the street, shops framing either side. It wasn't that late when they had exited the café, so it wouldn't hurt to look around a little bit. Maybe Mafu could get something, too.

The items in the display windows ran the gamut from whimsical looking toys to formal clothing. Soraru caught sight of a display and it reminded him of something. School supplies. He stopped walking.

"Mafu-kun," Soraru called, and Mafu stopped and turned back. "Come over here."

Mafu obeyed and walked over to where Soraru had stopped. "You're going to start school again in January to complete your last term as a second year, so it's going to be a good idea to buy some school supplies," Soraru explained. "I don't mind lending you some of my unused things, but I thought maybe you'd want to choose."

Soraru opened the door to the shop and waited for Mafu. "Come on," he said. Mafu entered and looked around. There were notebooks, pens, pencils, anything. "Go ahead," he heard Soraru say behind him. "Look around."

Mafu took off, walking through the aisles. As he turned an aisle of pencil cases, he spotted a rack of journals. Interested, he picked up a journal with a leather cover and a latch on the side. He traced the design that was carved into the leather on the front. Taking the journal with him, Mafu headed back.

When Mafu turned the corner he spotted Soraru leaning against the counter. Someone else was with him. A brunette boy with black rimmed glasses. Mafu stopped walking, deciding whether or not he should interrupt, until Soraru glanced at him and waved for him to come over. The brunette also looked over. Mafu hurried over, and upon nearing, he noticed that the other boy's hair had a reddish tint to it.

"This is Amatsuki," Soraru gestured to the boy next to him.

Amatsuki smiled and gave a small wave, "You must be Mafumafu-san." Then he turned to Soraru. "He's pretty cute."

Soraru scoffed, "Don't get any ideas."

"Haha... I would never."

Amatsuki turned towards Mafu, "I'm sure Soraru has mentioned me before."

"I think he's mentioned you once before," Mafu answered.

"What?! Only once?" Amatsuki asked. "Soraru!"

"IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN A WEEK SINCE HE CAME," Soraru retorted.

"You could've mentioned me at least once everyday! He wasn't even sure that you mentioned me."

"We have more productive things to do than talk about someone he didn't even know."

Amatsuki clutched his chest, feigning pain, "I'm hurt, Soraru. I thought I was your best friend..."

Soraru slapped him on the back, "Don't let Kaishitaro hear you say that. He'd probably hunt me."

"It's fine. No one will be above Kashi. Not even you."

Mafu watched at the back and forth exchange between the two, utterly lost. It wasn't long before Soraru turned his attention back to him, catching the journal in his hand. "You only want that?" Soraru asked, pointing down at the book in his hand. Mafu looked down at it, "Yeah, only this for now."

After paying at the front counter, Amatsuki walked back with them, making small discourse.

"It's fine, I live this way, too, so I'm not following you," Amatsuki said when he caught sight of Mafu's uncomfortable expression. "There's no need to be so tense. We're going to be in school together in January."

Mafu nodded. Walking a little farther, Amatsuki stopped in front of a house that wasn't far from Soraru's. "Guess this is my stop," he said. Then he stuck his hand towards Mafu, "Hope we can be friends, right, Mafumafu-san?"

Mafu put his hand in Amatsuki's. "Yes, Amatsuki-san."

He smiled and took off towards his house.