> Five <

Soraru pulled his coat on, standing in the foyer, waiting for Mafu. They were just going to wander around the area for a little. Neither of them had a plan, but it was better than being cooped up in a house for the entirety of winter.

Mafu hurried down the stairs to where Soraru was waiting. Soraru handed him a coat, and he put it on. "Let's go," Soraru said. Mafu nodded.

It was cold outside. That was a given for winter. Ice on the ground was covered by a layer of snow, and the frozen air bit at any exposed skin. "Watch your step," warned Soraru.

They continued walking.

"How about we go to the café?" suggested Soraru. "It's pretty cold out."

He turned around to catch Mafu's answer, and spotted something in his hand. Despite being outside, Mafu still brought Mafuteru with him. "Sure," was Mafu's answer.

Soraru thought this was a good idea to get Mafu familiar with the area, anyway.

When they entered the café, the waitress sat them down at a two seat table by the window. Soraru watched as Mafu looked over the menu. "Are you going to look?" the albino asked, looking up.

"I've been to this café a lot, so I know what I'm getting."

"But what about the money?"

"What about it?"

Mafu set down the menu. "I'd feel guilty if you had to pay for everything," he mumbled.

Soraru chuckled and waved his hand back and forth. "No, it's fine," he assured. "I have the money."

".... Okay, then."

When the waitress came, Soraru ordered a cup of coffee while Mafu ordered a slice of cake. The wait wasn't very long, and Soraru was thankful to the café for that. He was running out of ways to start a conversation.

Soraru lifted his cup and watched Mafu bring the fork up to his lips. As he chewed a small smile graced his lips, and Soraru's eyes widened behind his cup. So, he can smile. He smirked, took a sip of his coffee, and set down the cup on the saucer. Just as Mafu was about to eat another piece of cake, Soraru leaned forward. "Can I try some?" he feigned innocence.

"Nn? Um... okay, Soraru-san..."

Soraru moved Mafu's arm closer to him and ate the piece of cake off the fork. He felt Mafu's arm stiffen and smiled as he leaned back in his seat. Soraru lifted his cup again to hide his smile and looked over to see that Mafu's arm was still stretched out, a faint blush tinting his cheeks. Coming to his senses, Mafu brought his arm back and looked down at his cake, blush still visible.

His flustered face is cute, Soraru thought as he took another sip of his coffee.