>> Ten <<

Soraru stared down at the page until a noise came from the bathroom. He slammed the journal closed and got into a natural position, sitting down on the bed. The sound of the bathroom door opening reached Soraru's ears, and Mafu entered the room not long after. Sorau stood up when Mafu entered.

"I guess it's my turn, then," Soraru said.

Mafu nodded.

And Soraru walked past him without another word.

|*|*|

"We can't go out today," Soraru said, looking outside.

"I understand," responded Mafu. They were huddled up on the couch, Mafu with his journal in his lap and his knees. Whatever he was writing, he obviously didn't want Soraru to see. Although he was somewhat curious, Soraru obediently stayed to the side, reading a book.

"Should we invite Amatsuki over sometime?" Soraru thought out loud. "He can also help you catch up."

"That would be good."

The silence afterward was strangling. Soraru huffed and set his book down, falling onto the soft backrest of the couch. "There really is nothing to do..." he said. "I'm going to go get some food."

Soraru stood up and headed towards the kitchen. The trip didn't take long, but as he neared the living again, a voice floated towards him. It was the same voice he heard that day. Mafu was singing again.

Although he couldn't make out the words through the wall, he recognized the tune. When Soraru rounded the corner, he joined in with the singing. Startled, Mafu dropped his pen and turned to find the source of the second voice even though there was only one other person in the house. Mafu's eyes met Soraru's, who was leaning against the wall.

Mafu sunk down until his mouth was hidden behind the couch's backrest. "I... like your voice," he said.

Soraru smiled, "Thanks. I like yours, too."

--

Song: [君の名は。] 前前前世// cover そらるxまふまふ