> Eight <

"You're still awake, Mafu-kun?"

"That's what I should be asking you, Soraru-san."

Soraru pushed himself up from his side. "I couldn't stop looking at you," Soraru confessed. It seemed like there was no reaction from Mafu, but he couldn't really tell in the dark. He stood up and walked up next to Mafu, who briefly looked at him.

"The stars are pretty at night over here," Soraru said.

Mafu nodded.

"... Is there....?" Soraru trailed off.

Mafu looked at him, "Hm?"

".... It's nothing, sorry."

There was silence.

"We should get to be soon. It's almost midnight," Soraru said, walking back to the bed.

"I'll stay up a bit longer."

Soraru shrugged and got under the covers, facing the wall. Unable to fall asleep, he turned back on his side and stared at Mafu's back. "Are you going to sleep on the floor again?" the words were out of Soraru's mouth before he knew it. He saw Mafu jump a little and then turn around.

"I thought you'd fallen asleep already," he said. Looking down, he turned back towards the window. "I probably will."

Soraru sighed, and pulled the covers off again. He walked up behind Mafu and wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him back. Mafu stumbled a little, backing up against Soraru's abdomen. "Sleep in the bed tonight," Soraru whispered. It wasn't a request. It was a demand.

Mafu put his hand on Soraru's, whose hand was pressing against his waist. He looked behind and up at Soraru, then back down at their hands. "Okay... then," Mafu mumbled softly.

Soraru pulled Mafu back by the arm and lifted the blanket. He climbed in first, then stretched out his hand for Mafu, who followed. They were laying on their sides, Mafu facing the window while Soraru was facing Mafu's back. It wasn't long before he started drifting off to sleep, only later disturbed by the bed dipping. In an instant, his arm wrapped around Mafu's chest and pulled him back. He was lurched back into a laying position.

Mafu sighed and turned to face Soraru, who still had his eyes closed throughout the whole ordeal. His arm was still draped over Mafu's figure, and Mafu snuggled into Soraru more.

He could get used to this sensation. The sensation of Soraru's warmth, and his hands embracing him.