>> Thirty Eight <<

"No buts. I'm taking you to him."

Amatsuki's offer circled around Mafu's mind, waiting to process. He gave a small smile. "Yes.... please."

Mafu followed closely behind Amatsuki. Although, he did feel the least bit of guilt for going against Soraru, his desire to know surpassed any other feeling. After Mafu had connected the dots, he came to the conclusion that Hashiyan would know something. Something Soraru wouldn't tell him.

The high schooler, supposedly Hashiyan, smiled when Mafu neared. He extended his hand. "I'm Hashiyan. You're Mafu-kun, I suppose," he greeted.

Mafu shook his hand. As he did, Hashiyan eyed Amatsuki next to him. "I need Mafu-kun alone for a few minutes. I'll give you what you want, so can you step aside for a bit?"

"You'd better keep your word," Amatsuki said, continuing on further down the gate. Once Amatsuki was far enough, Hashiyan pulled Mafu closer to him.

"Listen up," he muttered. "I know you want the truth, but I can't give that to you directly. Soraru's not the only one."

"B-But you were supposed to have answers. And what do you mean Soraru-san...?"

"Don't get upset just yet. I may not be able to give you the truth, but I can give you a place to start."

"Anything is fine."

Hashiyan smiled, "All you need to do is find your home, right?"

|*|*|

Amatsuki watched with crossed arms as Mafu's eyes widened. Hashiyan seemed to say something, and Mafu quickly bowed and took off running. Amatsuki jerked into motion, chasing after Mafu, but a hand jerked him back by the arm. "Ha-Hashi!" he exclaimed. "What did you say!"

"I just gave him what he wanted. Let him go. He's going back home."

"You mean Soraru's house? But why so suddenly?"

Hashiyan just smiled," Other than that, I still need to give you what you want, don't I?"

Anatsuki settled and turned to face Hashiyan. "Yes," he stated firmly.

"So, the loyal dog finally betrays his master, huh?"

"I'm not a dog. And Soraru isn't my master."

Hashiyan ruffled the brunette's hair. "Yeah, I know," he replied. "I can't give you any details, but I can give you a general reason."

"That's good enough."

|*|*|

Mafu rang the doorbell, and Soraru opened the door and disappeared inside the house quickly. If he hadn't known better, Mafu would have wondered if Soraru left the house to go to school at all. He was always home before him and with Mafu in the morning. However, Mafu knew from first-hand experience that Soraru was fast at walking when he wanted to be.

At the entrance, Mafu took off his coat and boots. He slowly started towards the living room, where Soraru was. "One more chance, Soraru-san," Mafu said. "Tell me the truth."

"Mafu..." Soraru trailed off. Mafu continued watching him. He didn't say anything more.

In response, Mafu sighed, and turned to go upstairs. Then, I guess that's the only thing I can do.