>> Thirteen <<

"You made it."

"Yes, yes. I did. I wouldn't miss out on this."

"Then get in here. You're letting the cold get in."

"Fine."

Amatsuki entered the house and sighed as Soraru shut the door. Mafu was peeking into the foyer behind a wall, and once he saw Amatsuki enter, he stepped out of his "hiding place."

"Ah, Mafumafu-san, you're here," Amatsuki said.

"Where else would he be?" Soraru muttered.

"Upstairs?" Amatsuki suggested.

Soraru grunted and trudged back to the living room. "Who threw him into an ocean today?" Amatsuki shivered.

"Something happened this morning. He's been like that ever since," Mafu answered.

"Should I leave?"

"No, you're fine."

Mafu started walking towards the living room, and taking the cue, Amatsuki followed. They found Soraru sitting on the floor, facing the TV with his arms crossed in front of his chest. "So, what did you want me here for, Soraru?" Amatsuki asked, plopping down on the couch.

"You're in the same year as Mafu-kun," Soraru explained. "You should tell him what you know about the school first."

"Hmm... so that's what you wanted me here for."

Soraru gave him a pointed look.

"Okay, okay," Amatsuki put his hands up. Then, he thought. "I guess I should start with some of our friends..." he said.

"Start with Kashitaro since you love him so much," Soraru cut in.

"That's exactly what I was going to do," Amatsuki answered. "There's Itou Kashitarou who is a year older than us. You could say he's my... ahaha.... boyfriend...?"

"Boyfriend?" Mafu asked.

"Is it weird?" Amatsuki asked timidly.

"No, it isn't. You're fine."

Amatsuki gave a sigh of relief. "Okay, moving on, there's Lon-chan, but Soraru knows her better.

"Let's see, there's 96neko, too. I only know her generally, so...."

"Wow," Soraru said. "You're very informative."

"That's what you get for asking me to help, Soraru," Amatsuki replied. When Soraru said nothing back, he continued, "Oh, there's Hashi, too."

Soraru jumped, "You're still in contact with him?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" asked Amatsuki.

"I already told you not to talk to him again, and don't let Mafu-kun get near him either."

"Why?" Mafu asked, saying the first thing in a while. Soraru turned to him while Amatsuki still stared at Soraru.

"Yeah, why? You never gave me a reason," Amatsuki argued. "Weren't you two close before?!"

"Just listen to me. I don't care if you're with him, but don't let Mafu-kun near him," Soraru said.

"Give me a reason," Amatsuki replied.

"I said no, so it means no!" Soraru's shout echoed around the room, instantly quieting everyone. The tension between them was thick, everyone afraid to say anything in case it disrupted the atmosphere. After a while, Amatsuki quietly said, "Anyway..."

Though it wasn't clear on his face, Soraru was surprised that Amatuski was the first to give in. Letting his muscles relax, he leaned onto the couch. "Anyway..." Amatsuki continued. "New Year's is right around the corner. Why don't we go to the festival together and do the Hatsumōde."

"We'll can get a kimono for Mafu-kun if he wants to wear one, but we can go together," Soraru said, voice tight.

The tension never really went away.

--

Hatsumōde: The first shrine visit of the new year.

Kimono: Japanese traditional wear. It is more formal than a yukata and usually worn during colder seasons.

HAHA KASHITSUKI IS INCLUDED YES