>> Thirty Nine <<

There was cold next to him. Cold where the warmth of Soraru's body would usually occupy. It was funny how in such a short time, he could grow accustomed to sleeping with another person.

In actuality, Mafu was quite upset that Soraru wasn't sleeping with him anymore for the time being. That was why he...

Mafu sat up in bed and looked at the clock. It was two in the morning. He should be asleep, but instead, Mafu got out of bed, and looked for the bag he first had with him. The bag was put aside to a corner of the room.

He then opened the laptop on Soraru's desk, and typed something into the search bar. After checking and scrolling around for a while, Mafu exited out of the browser and shut down the laptop. Mafu opened a drawer in the desk, and fumbled around until he found Soraru's wallet. Taking out a few bills, he tucked them into a pocket of his bag. Though, he did feel guilty for stealing, Mafu did his best to push the feeling away.

Next, he found an extra sweater, which he folded and placed into the bag. Lastly, he took his Mafuteru doll.

After zipping up the bag and trying to make it look as natural as possible, Mafu climbed back into bed and closed his eyes.

|*|*|

"Mafu-kun, you've been acting even weirder today," Amatsuki said as they were walking back to school. "What was with all the sentimentality in your words?"

"It's nothing, Ama-chan," Mafu gave him a forced smile.

"It sure isn't nothing," Amatsuki mumbled. He rang the doorbell to Soraru's house, and Soraru only opened the door a crack. Amatsuki gritted his teeth and pushed open the door all the way, grabbing ahold of Soraru's upper arm as the dark haired boy was walking away. "No, Soraru. You're coming with me."

Soraru stared at Amatsuki and told Mafu, "Mafu, you can go inside."

Anatsuki pulled Soraru closer to him as Mafu passed them and disappeared into the house. "What do you want?" Soraru asked.

"Tell. Him."

".... You talked to Hashiyan."

"Yes, but I didn't hear any details. From what I did hear, though, Soraru, you need to tell him what he wants to know."

"If you heard the general idea of it, then you know he's better off not knowing."

"Soraru, if he finds out by himself, he's probably going to do something stupid."

"I'm not going to let that happen. I love him with all my heart. Telling him would only make him hurt."

"Not telling him would make him feel worse."

"You can think what you think, but I'm not going to let him find out any time soon."

Amatsuki scoffed, "You're making a mistake! Soraru!"

Soraru stepped farther back inside. "Am I really, now?"

"Sora--!"

And he shut the door.