>> Eleven <<

The snow had stopped sometime earlier. Once Soraru's mom had gotten back from work, she made a beeline towards the kitchen to make dinner. Since they were stuck in the house for the entire day, Soraru and Mafu made their way outside. They only stayed by the front door.

It was perfect timing to be outside: sunset. The two sat on the steps, watching as the sun slowly started its descent from its position in the sky. "It's beautiful," Soraru uttered.

"Yes."

After a little while, Soraru spotted his dad walking up to the house. He stood up to greet him. Mafu also stood up. Soraru's dad nodded at them and entered the house, closing the door behind him. Soraru leaned against it, and Mafu took a few steps forward, stopping at the edge of the stairs.

He watched his silhouette from behind, the sun against his figure. It honestly made him look like... an angel.

"What do you keep trying to look for?" he spoke up, voice coming out louder than expected.

Mafu scoffed, a distasteful scoff, a spiteful scoff. And even though Soraru couldn't see the look on his face, he could guess.

"That's what I'd like to know."

There was nothing said after that. There was nothing to be said.

Soraru watched on. He continued to watch Mafu's back as the sun's rays disappeared under the horizon. He didn't need to know what Mafu was looking for. He knew that he was looking for something.

Soraru couldn't shake a feeling -- that feeling -- coming up from his gut.

It was a lie. It was all a lie... because he knew.