>> Twelve <<

"Aaahh... the new year is coming soon," Soraru sighed flopping down on the bed. "Then, we're going to have to start school again." He looked at Mafu, who was sitting on the opposite side. "Hmm, I should invite Amatsuki over to catch you up on things," Soraru said.

Mafu nodded.

Suddenly, the sound of a knock filled the room. The voice of Soraru's mom was heard on the other side. "Mafumafu-kun, Soraru," she said. "Time to go to sleep."

"Okay," Soraru responded. Mafu lifted the blanket and crawled under, and Soraru followed not long after, propping himself up on his arm. He looked over at Mafu, asking, "Are you ready?" When he got a nod back he whispered good night and turned off the lamp.

A few streaks of moonlight leaked through the blinds, giving the room a little light. He could feel Mafu next to him, but he was still not used to the warmth of another body in the same bed as him. Listening to Mafu's breathing, Soraru drifted off to sleep.

|*|*|

".... -san"

".... raru-san."

"Soraru-san."

Grumbling, Soraru cracked his eyes open. He felt a hand on his shoulder, shaking him.

"Soraru-san."

In an instant, he reached up and grabbed the hand on his shoulder, making the owner jump. Soraru opened his eyes all the way, meeting a pair of red eyes that could only belong to Mafu. His eyes wandered around the room. It was still dark.

Soraru sat up, and Mafu retracted to give him room. "Why did you wake me up? It's..." Soraru glanced at the clock, "... 1:47."

"I'm sorry," Mafu said. "Can you come with me?"

"Wh-" Soraru was cut off when Mafu took his hand in his and gave it a tug, urging him to follow. He stumbled out of the bed, letting Mafu drag him wherever he was going. When they reached the stairs, Mafu turned around and put a finger to his lips. It was only when they were at the bottom when Soraru asked, "Are we going outside?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I can't sleep."

"You're going to freeze outside. Get a coat."

Soraru took two coats off the rack by the door and tossed one to Mafu, putting one on himself. "I'm not going to question you," Soraru said, "because chances are, you're going to have a better reason, anyway."

Mafu didn't respond. He only slipped on the coat, and Soraru opened the door. "I'll keep the door open," Soraru smiled. "You go do what you want to do here."

He watched as Mafu stepped outside, stopping at the beginning of the steps. Mafu turned his face up towards the sky. "The stars are prettier outside," Mafu mumbled, but still loud enough for Soraru to hear. "Yes," he responded.

They continues watching the sky until Mafu turned around and wrapped his arms around Soraru. "Thank you for coming out here with me," he whispered.

"You're welcome."