>> Eighteen <<

"Ahhh, school's starting tomorrow," Amatsuki groaned as he rolled over onto his stomach, game controller in hand.

"Mafu-kun should be fine," Soraru said, not taking his attention off the screen. "I was able to get him caught up," then he looked over at Mafu, "but it didn't go as smoothly as I hoped."

Mafu, who was sitting on the couch with his leather-bound journal on his lap, glared down at the open book. "Hmmm, what happened this time?" Amatsuki grumbled.

"Nothing much."

After a while of silence, Amatsuki faceplanted into the floor, the losing screen on his half. "I lost..." he said, his voice muffled.

Soraru patted his shoulder, "You'll be fine." Then, he looked behind at Mafu, who had somehow found a pen, or he brought it with him, and was writing in his journal. What he was writing, Soraru didn't know, but he decided to let it slide for now. The air in the room was gloomy, and Amatsuki was still spread out on the ground with his face buried into the floor.

Soraru shook Amatsuki's shoulder. "You're not dead, are you?" he asked. In response, Amatsuki rolled over onto his back.

"Hey, Mafu-kun," Amatsuki called. "Do you know which class you're going to be in?"

"No, Ama-chan."

Amatsuki rolled over again, landing on his back a little farther from his original position. "I forgot that you find out tomorrow at the teachers' offices," he replied.

Soraru looked between Amatsuki and Mafu, confused with a spark of jealousy mixed in. "When did you two start calling each other that?" he asked.

"Oh, so that's what you're worried about..." Amatsuki trailed off.

"It happened when you were gone during the new year's festival," Mafu said from the couch.

"So this is what happens when I leave you alone," Soraru mumbled, then looked at Amatsuki, who was probably dying from the looks of it, still lying on the floor. "Can't believe I lost the name game to Amatsuki."

"Is that a bad thing?" Amatsuki asked.

"Well, I respect Soraru-san a lot..." Mafu explained, bringing his journal up to cover his face.

"Aw, see Soraru? You're still his favorite," Amatsuki laughed.

Soraru covered his mouth with the back of his hand and glared at Amatsuki. He didn't know why, but his cheeks were burning.