>> Twenty One <<

"Did your first day go well?"

"I think so."

"What do you mean, you think so? Did something happen?"

"No, it's just.... it was kind of hard to follow."

"... Yeah, I get that."

Soraru's notebook was open in front of him, and he twirled his pencil in his hand while watching Mafu's back. He was lying on his stomach on the bed while Mafu was sitting at the desk by the window. It was always the window.

"Do you need any help?" Soraru asked, putting his pencil down on his notebook.

"No."

"You don't need to hold back when asking for help."

There was a pause. "... Then, okay," finally came Mafu's answer.

Soraru slid off the bed and walked to the desk, pulling up another chair. He looked at the open textbook next to Mafu's notebook. It was mathematics. From the looks of it, Mafu had already started a problem, but abruptly stopped halfway through. "I... don't know what to do next," Mafu said, turning his head slightly. Even though, Mafu was trying to hide it, Soraru still caught a faint blush on his cheeks.

Soraru smiled and put his hand on Mafu's head, "Come on, it's nothing to be ashamed about. I'll help you."

They proceeded to work on the problem together with Soraru giving an explanation for each step. Mafu listened and nodded along. After a while, Mafu said, "I think I got it. Thank you, Soraru-san."

Soraru felt a twinge inside of his chest. Soraru-san was still too formal. "It was nothing," he answered.

"But you still have your own homework," Mafu looked over at the open notebook on the bed.

Soraru followed his gaze. "Ah, that," he mumbled, scratching his neck. "I can finish that in an hour, so you don't need to worry. Anyway, are you hungry?"

Mafu turned to look back down at his notebook. "A little bit."

"I'll go get something."

Soraru stood up and left, leaving the door to the bedroom cracked open slightly. Mafu heard the sound of the refrigerator opening and clinking, then footsteps coming up the stairs. The door opened again and closed with a click.

Soraru watched Mafu focusing hard on the next problem in his textbook and chuckled. Dipping the spoon into the cup of yogurt in his hand, he walked over to the empty chair next to Mafu. He shoved the spoon in front of Mafu's face. "Eat," he urged.

Mafu flinched a little, surprised. "Um..." he stuttered. "S-Soraru-san?"

All Soraru did in response was bring the spoon closer to Mafu's lips. Mafu stared at Soraru before turning back to the spoon. "... Okay, then."

Soraru watched as Mafu leaned forward and ate the yogurt off of the spoon. A tingle shot up Soraru's arm when Mafu pulled back. His lips look so-- Soraru quickly shook his head and turned away.

"Soraru-san?" Mafu asked as Soraru put his face in his hands.

Why does he have to be so damn cute?