>> Twenty <<

"How did your first day go?" Amatsuki asked when Mafu neared the front gate with Sakata.

"Not bad," Mafu answered.

"I'm going to go on ahead," Sakata said, pointing. "Urata's waiting."

"Okay, see you tomorrow," Amatsuki leaned on the gate.

Sakata nodded and headed off. When he was out of sight, Mafu looked over at Amatsuki, who seemed to have no thought of moving. "Should we go?" Mafu suggested.

Amatsuki looked over at him, "I'm waiting for someone. It shouldn't take too long. Soraru would go berserk if I let you walk home alone, so wait here with me."

Mafu nodded.

It wasn't long before Amatsuki turned towards the main entrance of the school and waved. A boy with light chestnut brown hair waved back.

"That's Kashitaro," Amatsuki turned to Mafu.

'Kashitaro,' the name sounded familiar. Mafu realized where he heard it before and snapped his head up as Kashitaro stopped in front of them. He watched, mesmerized, as Kashitaro placed a soft kiss on Amatsuki's lips.

He was tall, and he looked nice. The aura he was giving off was kind of like a fireplace. This was Amatsuki's boyfriend.

Kashitaro turned to Mafu while Amatsuki covered his mouth, blushing.

"Are you Mafumafu-san?" he asked.

"Um... yes."

"Amatsuki told me about you before. Haha, you're cuter in person."

"He is, isn't he?" Amatsuki spoke up, seemingly recovered.

Mafu averted his eyes and started walking. "Soraru-san is going to get worried if I get home late," he said. "We should go."

"You're not wrong there," Amatsuki replied, following with his hand in Kashitaro's.

They walked until Mafu recognized the street where Amatsuki lived.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow, Kashitaro, Mafu," Amatsuki said and walked towards his own house. Mafu nodded and Kashitaro waved. He turned to Mafu. "Should we go?" he asked.

"Hm?" Mafu turned and looked down the street.

"Ah, I live a little farther past Soraru's house, so I'm walking with you."

Mafu nodded again, and started walking. Kashitaro followed.

It was awkward; Mafu knew that. He squirmed a little. Walking with someone, especially Kashitaro whom he just met, was uncomfortable without Amatsuki around.

Kashitaro walked with Mafu as Mafu went through the gate of his house. He rang the doorbell and waited a few seconds when Soraru answered the door.

"Rest assured, we didn't let Mafumafu-kun go home alone," was the first thing Kashitaro said when Soraru opened the door.

"Yes, thank you for staying with him," Soraru replied. "Is Amatsuki fine?"

Kashitaro smiled and gave a thumbs up, "Yep. Well, I'm going to be taking my leave, now." He turned to Mafu, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes."

Mafu and Soraru watched Kashitaro until he disappeared down the street. "Come in," Soraru said. "You're going to freeze."

Mafu quickly turned around and entered the house.

It was just as he thought. Everything was more comfortable when Soraru was with him. And only Soraru.