4. Caught

"Alexander Gideon Lightwood!" Magnus yelled after his boyfriend's retreating form. Sure he could have used magic to bring him back but what was the fun in that?

Alec giggled as he grabbed onto a low tree branch and flung himself forward so he swung up. He bent his knees over another tree branch and pulled himself up. He kept climbing until he was high enough up that Magnus couldn't see him easily.

He stayed perched on the branch like an eagle awaiting it's prey. He pulled out his paintball gun, a gift Magnus had gotten him the week before. When he saw the blue tips of Magnus's hair he knew what to do.

"Ahhh!" Magnus leapt in the air grabbing at his body as he was rained down on with paint balls. He looked up glaring and saw a completely innocent looking Alec.

"My what happened to you?" Alec asked sweetly as he climbed down the tree.

"I'm not an idiot shadowhunter." Magnus glared.

"Of course not." Alec landed in front of him and wiped at the paint covering Magnus.

"I also know how to get my revenge." Magnus raised his eyebrow and flashed his cat eyes.

"And I'll help you." Alec nodded.

"Really you're not going to fess up?"

"To what?" Alec held the gun behind his back.

"Okay, just remember this moment because you're going to regret it. First with I spy and now with this." Magnus waved his fingers and Alec froze as he felt the gun get pulled from his fingers.

"All right, Magnus. You got me. It was me." Alec sputtered.

"Too late my dear." Magnus held the gun and pointed it at him.

"We're too close." Alec said with his hands in front of him.

"I thought you were tough." Magnus smirked and moved his finger to the trigger.

"Yes, I am but... Fine make it quick." Alec cringed and closed his eyes.

He jumped when he felt Magnus's lips on his. He opened his eyes and smiled against into the kiss. Magnus stepped closer to him and caressed his cheek with his left hand.

Their tongues played together as the kiss deepened. Alec wrapped his arms around Magnus and he reached under his shirt. He raked his fingers across his flesh as he pulled him closer.

Then Magnus pulled the trigger twice and Alec screamed. He hopped backwards, tripped, and fell flat on his ass.

"What the hell?!" He exclaimed and grabbed at his throbbing foot.

"Now we're even." Magnus winked and kneeled next to him. He ran his finger Dien the side of Alec's face softly. "Is my baby in pain?"

"Yes! You fucking shot me point blank."

"Let me help." Magnus pulled off Alec's shoe and sock before kissing the new welt. Then he looked back up at Alec. "Now what have we learned today?"

"Not to trust your kisses?" Alec offered trying and failing to stay angry.

"Nope. You've learned that I care enough about you to kiss you before and after shooting you. You don't get that from many people now do you?"

"I suppose not. Usually they only want to do one or the other."

"See. I'm a mystery." Magnus wiggled his eyebrows and Alec playfully smacked him.

"I would go with crazy. "

"That's fair. Now how about we sent up camp then go for a swim?" Magnus leapt to his feet and pulled Alec with him.

A/N Sorry it's short and blah but I didn't have much time. Tomorrow's will be great! So excited! Skinny dipping perhaps..... I guess we'll find out then...