After Glow

A/N FYI Wattpad on my computer is still being stupid so I apologize in advance for the typos or weird autocorrects.

Magnus rolled off of Alec and threw his arm over his face. He was exhausted and felt like he was going to sink into the mattress never to leave again. He was breathing hard as was Alec. It had been far too long since they had been together last. Two while weeks and Magnus had barely survived.

He needed to end it; it would never work with a Shadowhunter and clearly his heart was starting to wake up again after it's century long nap. If he waited much longer it would be too late.

That was the plan for tonight; he meant to tell Alec that he was leaving but then he saw him. Alec was wearing a green sweater that looked newer than every other item of clothing he seemed to own. Magnus had been touched by the sentiment because he knew Alec had only bought it for him.

"That was..." Alec rolled over so he was looking at Magnus, resting his head on his hand.

"Incredible." Magnus finished for him with a smile. "Where did you learn that last thing?"

"Oh, you liked that?" Alec asked with a blush.

"I'd say we both more than liked it." Magnus reached out and touched Alec's still red cheek. He meant to touch it and pull away but instead he spread out his fingers to cup Alec's face.

"You're beautiful." Alec whispered in a sort of reverence.

"If I'm beautiful than you're magnificent." Magnus said and leaned forward to kiss Alec sweetly.

"I missed you." Alec admitted once they seperated again with a sad look in his eyes.

"I missed you, too." Magnus matched the sad look.

"I thought you were going to end it tonight." Alec shifted so that he was on his back again, looking up at the ceiling.

"I did too." Magnus admitted.

"Why didn't you?"

"I couldn't."

"I'm glad."

"Me too."

Alec let that sink in before speaking up again. "I don't like hiding this from everyone..."

"But, you're not ready to be out in the open. I get it, really." Magnus took Alec's hand and linked their fingers. "But, I don't want to hide my feelings. I've never liked lying especially about matters of the heart."

"I've never known anything else." Alec said with a sigh. "I wouldn't even know where to begin."

Magnus sat up and crossed his legs. "How about start with me?"

Alec gave him a confused look but sat up too. "What do you mean?"

"What am I to you?" Magnus asked, point blank.

Alec was clearly still confused but Magnus could tell he was more afraid of saying the wrong thing.

"There are no wrong answers." Magnus prompted him.

"Okay, um, you're a man I'm attracted to?" Alec said as if asking Magnus if he were.

"Great. What else? Or is that it. If so that's okay." Magnus told him even as he begged him to continue.

"I like you. I like what we do." Alec said with a little more confidence.

"I do too." Magnus smiled at him.

"I could see myself loving you but not yet." Alec looked at his hands as if they were the most fascinating things in the world.

"I agree." Magnus took Alec's hands and then he looked up to meet his yellow gaze. "See? It wasn't that hard, right?"

"But, we're still hiding." Alec muttered.

"Not from each other. Who cares about the rest of the world? They'll know when we're ready for them to know. For now, I'm perfectly happy having you to myself now that I know I'm more than just a warm mouth." Magnus slowly, yet strongly, pushed Alec back so he was laying down.

"You were never just a warm mouth to me." Alec smiled, "mostly because the first couple times you were drinking cold drinks so your mouth was cold."

"Ha ha. You're hilarious." Magnus rolled his eyes.

"I know right. You came for the blue eyes but stayed for my wit." Alec's eyes sparkled with laughter.

"How about we leaving the talking to me?" Magnus teased and kissed Alec.

"Who said anything about talking?" Alec asked with a raised eyebrow.

Awe 💗 Who else is in love with Malec cuddle moments? I really wish they could just do this all the time! Anyway, I'm thinking this whole week will be cute, sappy moments. Hope you're all okay with that. Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting.