Kids Close Your Eyes

(Phone Down by Lost Kings ft Emily Warren)

Answer: Obviously!!!! Did I really ask such a stupid question?

"Magnus, when will you be getting home?" Alec asked into his phone after seeing that it was 3 in the morning and the other side of the bed was cold.

"Alec, I am home." Magnus smiled into his phone and got up from the couch where he had fallen asleep. He walked into the room and they looked at each other.

"Why didn't you come to bed?" Alec asked him looking hurt.

"Sorry I had a couple of warlock things to attend to." Magnus finally hung up his phone realizing that they didn't need to talk through them when they were in the same room.

"Magnus, you always wake me up when you get home." Alec frowned and sat up letting the sheets pool at his waist. 

Alexander, darling," Magnus walked forward and cupped his boyfriend's face in his hands. "I'm sorry. You were sleeping so peacefully and I really do have a lot of work to do."

Alec turned his head and kissed Magnus's cheek. "You know I'd rather have you wake me up every night rather than sleep peacefully alone."

Magnus's phone beeped. "Sorry, I only have a couple more things to finish up and then I'll come to b-" Magnus kissed Alec and walked back to the dresser where he had left his phone. He started texting quickly. 

"Mags, you didn't even finish what you were saying." Alec pointed out. Were they really going to become the kind of couple that did this? Alec fell back and released a sigh when he realized that Magnus wasn't listening to him.

Alec was going to just go back to sleep but then he got a better idea. Magnus and he had made a promise that they wouldn't become the kind of couple who sat in the room and acted like the other wasn't there. It was different when they were lounging and Alec was reading a book with his head rested in Magnus's lap while Magnus watched a show or read a spell book. That was companionship; this was a distraction. 

"Magnus?" Alec whispered as he sat up again. 

"Hm?" Magnus grunted in such an Alec way that Alec was struck with how annoying he really could be. 

"Magnus?" Alec repeated a bit louder.

"Alec, I'm sorry but I really need to finish this," Magnus said without looking.

"Magnus put your fucking phone down and come to bed." Alec finally said in his most demanding way and Magnus dropped his phone out of his hand. It clattered as it hit the dresser then the floor. 

Alec smiled. "Looks like I'm not the only one who can be clumsy."

"I have my moments." Magnus picked up his phone and Alec almost screamed with annoyance. Seriously? He was just going to go back to work? 

Magnus quickly told his client that he'd talk in the morning and shut his phone off. He placed it on the dresser and looked back at Alec. "Have I given you a hello kiss yet?"

"No, you haven't." Alec pouted and threw off the sheets. He stood up but his foot got caught in the comforter and he was about to face plant before Magnus caught him in his arms. 

"You're still the most clumsy man I know." Magnus murmured as he kneeled down to help get Alec's foot free from the bedding. As he untangled it he made sure to leave soft kisses, on his toe, his foot, his ankle, his calf, his knee. He kept moving up then when he got to Alec's thigh he stood up. "Now give me those beautiful lips."

Alec was blushing insanely but he wasn't at all embarrassed as he pressed himself against Magnus. "I've missed you."

"I've been here all day." Magnus whispered against his lips.

"No, you've been with them." Alec nodded at his phone.

"Won't happen ever again." Magnus said as he kissed Alec's neck.

Alec moaned. "We both know it will, but as long as you make up for it like this I think I can be okay with it."

"Good." Magnus kissed his way back up to Alec's mouth. 

Magnus lost his patient kissing when he tasted Alec's lips and shoved his tongue between them. Normally he'd take his time getting there but not now. Somehow it felt like this was their first kiss. He ran his hands up Alec's back and back down. Alec sucked on his tongue and Magnus groaned. He needed air but he didn't care. He didn't want to pull away from Alec. Alec's hands roamed all over his body and before he knew it his shirt was gone. When had Alec gotten so good at that?

"Air," Alec rasped as he leaned his forehead against Magnus's and sucked in a couple breaths. 

"Bed." Magnus gently pushed Alec backwards and thanks to Alec's clumsiness he fell back quickly. Magnus laid on him and used his elbows to hold himself up as he kissed Alec again. After a couple more minutes they rolled over as one so Alec was on top and then as if by magic Alec was gone.

"Alec?" Magnus looked over the side of the bed to see a shocked Alec.

"By the angel! Have I not suffered enough?" Alec groaned as he sat up. 

Magnus burst out laughing. "Did you really just fall off the bed?"

"Shut up...maybe..." Alec blushed and climbed back onto the bed. "And that's why I prefer having you on top."

"I always wondered," Magnus chuckled again then kissed him. "Don't worry next time I'll fall with you."

A/N So?? Aren't you glad I didn't so something like the steamy chapter. I considered it but decided that I like my head attached to my body! haha Let me know if you want more of this kind of chapter by voting and commenting. Also, thank you for reading, voting, commenting, and sharing this book! 

******Don't forget the first part for the Malec Playlist Contest is due at the end of today. Make sure to tag me and if I haven't added it to the Contest Reading list message me*****

Question: What's your favorite guy name/names?