2. Morning Secrets

"Good morning, Papa!" Max breathed right into Alec's mouth. Alec choked on the smell of morning breath.

"Morning, bub." Alec opened his eyes and looked at Max who was still curled up against him. He still couldn't believe this little boy was theirs.

"I want cereal." Max responded with a sleepy smile.

Alec glanced at Magnus who was still sound asleep then gave Max a silly look. "Should we sneak into the kitchen and eat Daddy's cereal?"

"Yeah!" Max pumped his fist then touched his finger to his lips like Alec did.

"I mean, yeah." He whispered.

"Okay, we better hurry." Alec rolled out of bed landing surprisingly gracefully on his hands and knees.

Max followed his action as landed perfectly on Alec's back. "Giddy up horsey." He whisper-yelled.

"Wait, isn't it your turn to be the horse?" Alec asked him.

Max giggled. "You're too big. I can't carry you."

"Dang it." Alec chuckled. "Guess it's me then."

Alec quickly trotted to the kitchen with Max on his back. He made sure to buck and shake because he knew Max liked that. But, really Alec just liked to hear Max giggle as he held on.

"Woah! We're here pony, you can stop." Max said in a normal voice.

Alec stopped and expected Max to jump off but he didn't. Alec laughed. "Max, I can't be a horse and get our cereal."

"You're not a horse anymore. You're a giant!" Max raised his hands in the air then wrapped them around Alec's neck.

"Hurry, giant. The ground is lava. You must stand!" Max shouted and pulled his legs up to Alec's back.

"Really?" Alec asked.

"Yes, hurry." Max gripped his small arms around Alec's neck tighter.

"Yes, young master." Alec stood up with one hand holding Max steady on his back. Then he pulled Max up to sit on his shoulders.

"I'm so tall! I'm even taller the Daddy." Max squealed.

"By the angel! You are!" Alec exclaimed as if he was surprised. "Now, my tall man, what cereal do you want?"

"Hmm." Max scratched his chin like he had seen Papa do when he was thinking. "What's Daddy's favorite?"

"What do you think?" Alec asked, forcing himself to not laugh at the little boy's action.

"This one!" Max reached out and grabbed the lucky charms but they fell and hit the counter. Alec picked it up before too many fell on the ground but some still did.

"Oops." Max blushed.

"Oops? That's all you're going to say? You threw some of Daddy's favorite cereal on the ground." Alec feinted anger and from Mac's giggle he didn't do it very well.

"Giant, we need a vaccuum!" Max raised his arm in the air.

"Right you are, sir." Alec reached up and flipped Max over. Then he dangled him over the ground.

Max started to make a vaccuum sound as he picked up the stray pieces of cereal. Once he had them all he stopped the sound and Alec pulled him back up.

Max dropped the cereal in the sink and climbed back up to Alec's shoulders. Alec grabbed two bowls and set them on the counter. He poured them some cereal and handed the box to Max.

"Hide the evidence!" He cheered.

"To the cereal!" Max held out the box. When they got to the cupboard he carefully put it away. "Now to the fridge."

Alec opened the fridge door and let Max grab the milk because it wasn't very full. Max held it tightly until they got to their bowls and then set it down.

Alec poured it into their bowls and handed it back to Max. Max put it in the fridge as they went back to their bowls.

"Do you want to sit at the table or outside?" Alec asked.

"Nope. I want to stay right here." Max smiled and held out his hand.

"Okay," Alec handed him his spoon and bowl, "just be careful."

"Yep." Max said as a bit of milk dropped from his spoon onto Alec's forehead. "Sorry."

"It's fine. We'll shower after this." Alec chuckled. He knew that he could never actually be upset with his son; he was just too damn cute.

"What's going on in here?" Magnus shuffled into the kitchen rubbing his eyes.

"Nothing." Alec as Max said as one.

"Hide the evidence." Max whispered and took a huge bite.

A/N So cute! I needed this today! 😍😊 I'm going to do 1-2 more chapters for this one then we're going to go to a scarier one with fights, demons, and, well let's just say one of them is going to be in a lot of trouble...