4. High School Part 2

"Jace, you can stay here tonight, but my parents get home tomorrow and they'll know that you were out drinking last night," Alec told his best friend as he helped him get inside.

"How was the party, big brother?" Izzy asked as they stumbled inside. It didn't help that Alec was clumsy on his own, let alone a still drunk Jace pulling him down.

"I only went to pick up Jace," Alec grumbled and rolled his eyes.

"But, you've been gone for over an hour. You said that you were going." Iz gave him a confused look.

"Oh, that? No, I told you that I'd end up going. I knew this idiot friend of mine would do something stupid and I'd get dragged there." Alec helped Jace sit on the couch. 

"I'm not an idiot. I'm just in love." Jace slurred before falling over on the couch and passing out.

"Clary still pissed?" Izzy asked with a smirk.

"Yeah," Alec nodded. "Simon probably told you, right?"

"He also told me about you and Magnus." She cocked an eyebrow at her brother.

"What do you mean?" Alec asked with a blank expression.

"Glitter freak? Really?" She patted Alec on the chest. "When are you two going to get over this stupid fight of yours?"

"It wasn't just a stupid fight, Izzy." Alec shook his head and looked behind Izzy. "Where is Simon anyway?"

"In the bathroom." Izzy motioned with her thumb down the hallway. "And don't try to change the subject. Do you even remember what the fight was about?"

"Does it matter?" Alec shrugged. "It's been years."

"Exactly! You two were so close. I even-" she clamped her mouth shut.

Alec cocked an eyebrow at her. "You even what?"

"Well, okay. Don't get mad. Promise?" Izzy said.

"That depends on what you say," Alec said. with his eyebrows raised.

"Fine." Izzy leaned in and whispered. "I kind of thought that you two liked each other."

"What?" Alec choked.

"I know," Izzy put her hands up. "It was a crazy idea. I can see that now."

"Yeah, good, because that would never happen," Alec demanded.

"Ready to go?" Simon interrupted what Izzy was going to say by strutting towards them.

"Yes!" Izzy smiled at him.

"Alec, are you coming?" Simon asked him.

"I'd love to but I don't want to," Alec stated.

"Alec." Izzy chided. "Simon, he needs to keep an eye on Jace anyway."

"Yeah, he didn't take Clary's blow off very well." Simon looked at their friend who was currently snoring face down on the leather couch. There was a small puddle of drool already spreading.

"Actually, before you go, do you think you can help me get him to the guest room?" Alec asked Simon.

"Sure," Simon walked over to him and they each took an arm. They dragged him down the hall thankful that the room was on the main floor. "Think he'll be ready for the game tomorrow?"

"He better be or I'll kick his ass." Alec laughed. "It's our last game before the end of the season."

"Yeah, I know. It's crazy. Can you believe we only have 3 weeks left of school?" Simon asked as they left the room, closing the door behind them.