5. Time For A Swim

"So what do I do?" Alec asked as he stood in the water at about knee height.

"You get on it like a surf board then push off with the oar." Magnus said from the paddle board he was kneeling on.

"I get that but it's the next part that concerns me." Alec chuckled nervously as he positioned himself to get on. 

"Balancing?" Magnus smiled. True his shadowhunter was not known for his ability to balance. Especially when there were people around them watching.

"Come on. You can do it darling." Magnus called out and pointed to a girl that was about six on a paddle board of her own. "See little Susie got on hers just fine."

"You helped her." Alec pouted, already embarrassed enough that he didn't care if they saw him pouting at that point.

"Do you want me to help you?" Magnus asked in a patient voice.

"No. I can do it myself. I'm just saying you helped her so I should be able to take my time." Alec responded.

"Fine!" Magnus laughed and paddled over to Alec. He stepped off and pushed his board up in the sand so it wouldn't float away. He put his oar on it.

"You don't have to..." Alec started to say but then he felt Magnus come up behind him and suddenly he needed his help.

"Now I'll hold it while you get on." Magnus whispered into his ear, his breath hot on Alec's already red neck. Then he nipped at him teasingly.

"Or we could just go back to the tent." Alec suggested and reach back to grab Magnus's back pocket that was now under water because they had walked a couple of feet forward.

"Ah ah ah. You're not distracting me right now." Magnus jumped back and dove under the water. He surfaced on the other side of the board. "Now get on."

"On you?" Alec winked.

"Alexander..." Magnus said his name like it was a warning.

"You're no fun." Alec stuck his lip out like he knew Magnus liked.

"I am equally insulted and turned on by that, but you'll get none of this until you try the paddle board once." Magnus forced himself to stand his ground.

Alec gracefully climbed on the paddle board and stood up. Magnus almost fell over from surprise.

"I guess I should have mentioned that I've been on a paddle board or two." Alec smirked and without hesitation Magnus flipped the board over.

Alec sputtered to the surface laughing then glared at Magnus who was already at his paddle board. "So it's gonna be like that is it?"

"It would appear so." Magnus got on his.

"Okay." Alec smirked and hopped on his.

They raced to the little island in the middle of the lake knocking each other over when they could. When they got to about ten feet from the island they started sparing with their paddles.

"Ahh!" Magnus yelled as Alec knocked his feet out from him, but then he used his magic to right himself before falling.

"Hey! That's cheating!" Alec bellowed angrily but his eyes were laughing.

"You never said magic wasn't allowed Alexander." Magnus shook his finger at him.

"Well come on." Alec looked around as if someone would appear and be on his side.

"Fine. Let's pause the game. Come here." Magnus used his magic to pull Alec to him and he stretched his hand out to him.

Alec took it and linked their fingers. "You know Magnus, you look beautiful in the sunlight."

"You're not so bad yourself Alexander."

Alec blushed and sat down slowly so that Magnus could follow suit. Then they laid down so that their feet were on opposite sides. Magnus snapped his fingers and their paddles disappeared so they weren't in the way.

Magnus walked his fingers up to Alec's elbow and linked their arms. Alec giggled as Magnus's fingers touched his bare side.

"I love that sound." Magnus sighed. He could definitely get used to this.

Alec looked over at Magnus and smiled. Then he looked up at the sky. "That cloud looks like a bunny."

"What?" Magnus looked up. "Ah it does. Oh and there's a castle."

"Now it just needs a prince." Alec said. Then by magic the clouds became a story book. There was a prince, princess, and dragon.

"Once upon a time..." Magnus began. He finished the story just when Alec's stomach grumbled. "I think it's time for some dinner."

"Yes." Alec got up. "Can we eat at the island?"

"Of course, my love. In fact we should stay until the stars come out." Magnus swan then to the island.

"And why is that?" Alec asked as he walked on the sand to a blanket that Magnus made appear.

"So we can go swimming." Magnus smiled.

"We could do that now." Alec looked confused.

"Yes but not without our clothes. Or at least you wouldn't allow that I don't think." Magnus looked him up and down.

"Oh." Alec had nothing else he could say except that he couldn't wait for the sun to set.

A/N Sorry it's getting long already so look forward to tomorrow's :) thanks for reading, voting, and commenting.