The Truth

"You know what?" Magnus said with a fake smile. "I have better things to do with my Saturday then to hang out with you two."

Alec paled as he saw Magnus disappear. "Wait." He whispered to the empty space.

"What was that about?" Jace asked.

Alec wanted to explain but he couldn't. How could he tell Jace the truth? He was his closest friend, his parabatai, his brother; if Jace didn't approve he'd know it. And Alec wasn't sure he could handle that feeling.

"Magnus is very busy." Alec said lamely as his heart sank.

"That's never stopped him before." Jace pointed out. "Oh and why did he think we were gone for so long? Actually, how did he even know we were gone at all?"

Alec frowned. "I told him."

"Why?"

"Because I needed some time away from him." Alec admitted.

"Why? I know he's annoying but he's helpful. Not many downworlders are happy to work with us now a days so we really need to foster these relationships." Jace's serious tone surprised Alec. Jace wasn't normally so diplomatic. It didn't help that Jace was also referring to Magnus like he was a tool for them to use.

"Jace, Magnus is a person, not just some downworlder to use." Alec said before he could stop himself.

"Right, he's the High Warlock of Brooklyn who we can use." Jace said and rolled his eyes.

Alec was fuming, he felt the anger rise and tried to push it back down. "Do you even listen to yourself when you speak? Magnus, isn't someone for us to use. The only reason he even helps us is because of me!"

Alec should have stopped there but he was on a roll. He slammed his finger into Jace's chest to push him against the alleywall. "He wasn't even here to help us. I invited him because I wanted to see him! You know what we were doing before you walked over here? Do you?" Alec poked him again.

"Making out." Jace smirked.

"No, we were... wait, what?" Alec froze.

"Yeah, I saw you two. Why do you think I was so loud about trying to find you?" Jace laughed.

"What?" Alec was struggling to process this information.

"To be fair I've known for awhile. I've just been waiting for you to tell me for yourself. Granted, I didn't think it would take this long." Jace clapped Alec on the shoulder but Alec was so relieved he fell against him.

"You're not grossed out or upset?" Alec asked him.

"No, well a bit upset that you wouldn't tell me. But no, Alec you deserve to be happy even if it's with a man who likes to think he's better looking than me." Jace patted Alec's back and they pulled apart.

"He is." Alec said with a smile.

"Are you kidding me? Look at this body." Jace motioned to himself.

"You're not bad, but Magnus..." Alec pictured Magnus in his robe, with a pair of briefs on and a drink in his hand. He was probably also cursing Alec. He needed to do something.

"Ouch." Jace clutched his chest.

"I need to go." Alec said ignoring Jace's joke.

"Took you long enough. Remember, apologize. Oh and don't worry, I'll cover for you. You have until midnight."

"Thank you."

"Good luck." Jace said as Alec turned away. "Oh and Alec?"

"Yeah?" Alec looked back at him.

"By the angel, don't screw this up."

"I'll do my best."

"Do better!"

"Better than you? Obviously!" Alec teased and ran to get a cab.

"Ass." Jace muttered then pulled out his phone.

"Iz, you owe me 50 bucks." He said into the phone with a huge smile on his face.

"Are you kidding me? He couldn't wait one more week to admit he was dating Magnus? One bloody week?" She yelled then smiled. "Wait, how did it happen? What did he say? Was it adorable? I bet it was."

"Calm down, Iz. You know you can't say anything until he tells you, right?" Jace demanded.

"Of course I'll wait. Clary! Get over here!"

"Izzy!" Jace exclaimed.

"What? Clary should know too. She doesn't count."

"Fine, but that's it."

"What about Simon?"

"No."

"Good call." Clary answered. "He would be too excited. The whole world would know by midnight."

A/N Hope you liked seeing this side of it! Oh and to all of the Americans: Happy 4th of July! 🎉

Is there anything else you want me to write about between Malec?

Oh and who else was heartbroken when they realized that there wasn't a new shadowhunters episode today?