4. Rafe

"Sorry about that." Magnus said with a nervous chuckle as he brought. Mrs. Thatcher down from the ceiling.

Alec quickly wiped the dust off of her and grabbed a bottle of water. "Here, why don't we sit down and talk?"

"I have never been more insulted in my life." She stuck her chin up in the air and pushed the water away.

"Rafe, get over here, right now. We're leaving." She hissed and motioned for the boy to leave Max who was already sitting in his lap tracing the markings on his arm. 

"But I-" He started to say, but she snapped her finger and squinted an eye. His mouth closed so fast that the sound of his teeth hitting each other echoed around the room.

"Get over here," she demanded and pointed to the space next to her. 

"Excuse me." He picked up Max who looked between them all confused. He set Max down on his feet and Max started to cry in the heartbreaking way that only little kids can. 

"Daddy, don't let the mean lady take my brother." Max huffed through his sobs. He looked at Mrs. Thatcher and rose his hand. Alec jumped forward and grabbed Max before he could do something else to her. 

"I need you to go to your room for a minute, bub." Alec whispered to him. "It's going to be okay. I promise."

"Okay." Max smiled through his tears. "I'll make sure his stuff is ready."

"Good boy." Alec kissed his cheek and ruffled his hair.  He sit him down and patted his butt. "Get going little man."

"You owe me more cereal." Max said as he skipped away.

"As you wish, my love." Magnus said after him with a smile then turned on Mrs. Thatcher with a grimace. "Get your grimy hand off our boy."

Mrs. Thatcher breathed in deeply through her nose. "I have never seen a worse fit for any child. You're lucky that I'm not taking that little blueberry away from you but frankly I don't care what happens to the warlock. And with you two he'll not make it far enough to cause any trouble."

Magnus leaped forward but Alec stepped in front of him and crossed his arms. "Magnus, sit down."

Magnus growled deep in his throat but listened to Alec because he knew that Alec would stay calmer and be their best chance. Alec squeezed Magnus's hand then squatted down in front of Rafe. "Hey, bud, would you-" 

Mrs. Thatcher started to say something but Alec simply held his hand up and said, "Say another word and I let Magnus do what he wants with you." 

Her mouth snapped shut and her cheeks burned red with anger.

"Now, where were we?" Alec smiled at Rafe. "Would you like to stay here with us?"

"Um." Rafe looked up at Mrs. Thatcher and squirmed. 

"No, Rafe, don't worry about her. She doesn't get a say; this is only about you. What do you want  to do?" Alec said in a strong voice.

"Iwanttostay," Rafe mumbled under his breath.

"Say it a little clearer. She can't do anything. Remember that." Alec smiled sweetly. 

"I want to stay here with you." Rafe looked down at his feet. 

"Good boy." Alec took his hand in both of his. "Now why don't you go in the room with Max?"

"Yes!" Max pumped his fist in the hallway. "Over here tattoo boy!"

"Um?" Rafe looked up at Mrs. Thatcher again.

Alec reached forward and gently looked grabbed Rafe's chin with his finger. Rafe looked at him. "Mrs. Thatcher doesn't matter anymore; only you do."

"I've never..." Rafe  closed his mouth and blushed.

"You've never what?" Alec asked with a sadness in his eyes. Magnus was watching in awe of them  both. He knew that Rafe was a lot like Alec had been so he wondered if Alec knew what the boy wasn't saying.

Rafe looked down again. "I've never mattered to anyone." 

Alec wrapped him in a tight hug and kissed his hair. "You have always mattered to us, my boy; we just didn't know until we met you. I'm sorry it took us so long to find you."

Rafe sniffed. "But, you don't know me."

"I know what I need to, now go in with Max so we can talk to Mrs. Thatcher, okay?" Alec pulled back after Rafe stopped shaking.

"Max you can get out the cookies! Rafe needs some cheering up I think." Magnus called out and Max shouted another Yes! in response. 

Rafe seemed afraid to leave Alec's side but after Alec nodded Rafe walked away. Alec kept the smile on his face until Rafe dissapeared down the hall. "As for you, Mrs. Thatcher, get out of our house."

"No." She sniffed at him.

Alec stood up and towered over her. "Rafe is ours, you heard that he wants to stay her and you clearly don't give a fuck about him so give us the papers we need to sign and disappear from our lives." 

"I can't-" She suddenly was sucked into a portal and Alec looked at Magnus who gave him a what did I do look.

"Magnus, we need it to be legal." Alec couldn't help but smile though.

"It is." Magnus waved his hand over the coffee table. "Well as soon as you sign." 

Alec signed and took Magnus's hand. "He's ours."

Magnus stood up and placed one hand on each side of Alec's face. "Only because of you. You were incredible, Alexander."

"I had no idea what I was doing. You're the one who got her out of here." Alec tried to look down just like Rafe did, but Magnus didn't let him.

"Alexander, my darling, you did this." Magnus kissed him tenderly then pulled back and flashed his yellow eyes and whispered, "you have no idea how turned on right now."

"Magnus." Alec blushed and looked behind him to make sure the boys weren't there.

"It's true. You're hot when you're fierce." Magnus winked. "Boys, the evil lady is gone!"

Max and Rafe ran to them together and Magnus and Alec pulled them into the hug. Finally, they were a complete family, well until they found the next member. Magnus imagined that it would be a little girl with Alec's eyes. He smiled at the thought and ruffled Rafe's hair.

"Want some cereal?" He asked with a smile.

A/N Ahhh! The feels! I was almost crying at parts of this because it was just so cute! I hope you felt the same...or this is awkward haha. 

Coming next: A cute Malec date, with just the two of them! 
Oh, and Malec Double Dates is up so you should check it out 🤗