17. Prepare Yourself

Answer: I don't have any but I've considered getting one that says "What if..." In a typewriter font because it's a great reminder. And when I was struggling with things I would sometimes write it on my thigh or other places so only I could see it.

Sorry it took so long, Wattpad was freaking out on me for a bit!

"No fucking way am I getting a tattoo!" Alec practically screamed. "I don't like pain."

"Yeah, and your knuckles are cracked because you're clumsy. Please, Alec, you said you trust me so act on it." Magnus smiled at the man in front of them. He, unlike the others in the room, looked like he didn't belong there. He had on a button up shirt, naturally colored hair, and he looked like he was an accountant.

"You must be Magnus and Alec." The man stood up and held out his hand.

Magnus shook it and nodded.

"Nope." Alec said and turned to leave.

"Alec," Magnus frowned. Maybe this was a mistake he thought as Alec walked to the door. Magnus went to follow him but Dyson stopped him.

"Go get yourself a drink and one for your," Dyson paused and Magnus knew that he wasn't sure what to call Alec.

"Friend." Magnus let out a sigh.

"Right, get your friend a drink too. I'll bring him back." Dyson pointed to a small kitchen and Magnus nodded.

"I can't believe him." Alec cursed when he got outside. He flung his arms out and started pacing.

"Hey, kid, you're going to wear a hole into the sidewalk." Dyson said and Alec jumped.

"Sorry." Alec rubbed his neck.

"I can't do it." Alec said.

"I know it's hard, but your friend told me about the scars. Let me guess, you can't look at them or yourself." Dyson felt terrible when the boy looked up at him with sparkling blue eyes. When Magnus had called him the day before it had actually needed to hang up to handle the strong emotions he was feeling. He had wanted to run all the way to their stupid backwards town and beat the monsters to an inch of their lives then leave them out in the desert to slowly die and even that didn't seem like enough pain for those bastards.

"He told you?" Alec asked feeling angry, hurt, then just ashamed.

"Yes, he told me because he wants to help you. He loves you, I can tell just like I can tell you feel the same even if neither of you can admit it. But, please, let me help you." Dyson touched the boys arm and wasn't surprised when he flinched away.

"How?" Alec asked him. "I don't think some tattoo is going to change how I feel about myself or what I see."

"I don't know about changing how you feel but I can change what you see. My specialty is hiding old tattoos and nasty scars. Usually, I cover up surgery scars for woman who had breast cancer, but I've done some like yours." Dyson's heart melted when he saw the look of hope on Alec's face. He'd never get used to that look.

"You can get rid of them?" Alec asked him.

"Honestly? No, you can never get rid of scars physical or emotional, but I can take their hideous message and leave you with something beautiful to look at. I can give you the chance to look at something that used to bring you pain and feel peace." Dyson watched as the boy seemed to let it sink in.

"I don't want any fucking flowers or glitter." Alec finally said with a smile to hide the tears that he quickly wiped away.

"I don't know. Your friend seemed to mention flowers, glitter, and lots of color." Dyson teased as they walked back inside.

"Magnus Fucking Bane!" Alec shouted and everyone looked at him. "I'm going to kill you!"

"And you didn't believe me when I said that my middle name was Fucking." Magnus smiled then laughed.

"Glitter, flowers, color?" Alec stomped up the stairs and started playfully smacking Magnus who flinched and covered himself with his hands and brought his legs up.

"Ow, stop, stop it." Magnus laughed even harder.

"No, you are a bastard." Alec laughed and gave him one final playful smack before sitting down.

He looked at Dyson and gave him a calm smile. "So, what options do we have?"

50 votes and 70 Comments. I'm only ahead of you by one and a half chapters haha

Question: What's your favorite thing to do with your best friend or alone?