16. Welcome to the Lightwood's

Answer: Cuddling in bed with a book that I'm reading or writing, popcorn and chocolate. In fact, that's my plan for tonight. 

"What time is it?" Alec asked as he bounced his knee even faster.

"Thirty seconds later than when  you asked thirty seconds ago." Jace said and rolled his eyes.

"But, it feels like it's been hours." Alec wiped at his brow and hissed when he hit the giant bruise. 

"Are you ever going to tell me what happened to your face?" Jace asked with a pointed look at his friend's swollen head.

"I fell." Alec said and started biting his nails before remembering that he didn't do that. 

"No shit, Sherlock. But how?" Jace laughed.

"Oh, right. I fell off my bed and hit my head on my desk." Alec picked at the bandaid on his hand covering the cut and bruise from where is laptop fell on it. 

"And your hand?" 

"My laptop fell on it after I hit the desk." 

"How does that even happen?" Jace slapped his leg as he laughed even louder.

"What time is it?" Alec asked again.

"Okay, we're not doing this anymore." Jace grabbed Alec's shoulders and turned him spinning the chair with him. "Time to shoot some zombies.

"I can't. I'm too stressed." Alec popped his neck.

"I didn't say you were going to. It's for me. What you need is a bottle of anti anxiety pills." Jace clapped him on the back and picked up his controller. 

"Alec, why aren't you dressed?" Izzy stormed into his room with Clary right behind her.

"We still have two hours." Alec responded.

"No, we don't. Magnus will be here any minute." Clary declared.

"What are you talking about?" Alec looked between them all.

"Right, they thought this would help you calm down."

"We said to keep him a half hour behind not make him 2 hours behind you idiot." Izzy smacked Jace upside the head.

"Hey, you can't just hit my boyfriend like that." Clary demanded then punched Jace in the arm, hard. "You have to make sure the pain will last."

"Ow, I was just doing what you told me too." Jace whined.

"Will all of you shut the fuck up and tell me what I'm supposed to be doing!" Alec's loud words broke through the bickering.

"Right, Jace and Clary go downstairs and entertain our parents. Alec lose the black shirt and dirty jeans."

Alec ripped the shirt off and stepped out of his pants as Jace and Clary left.

"Now, put this on." Izzy handed him a floral shirt. Alec was so stressed that he didn't pay attention. He just yanked on the shirt which went down to mid thigh. Izzy laughed and snapped a picture.

"Izzy, this shirt is huge." Alec complained.

"That's because it's a dress." Izzy chuckled.

"You're the worst, literally the worst." Alec rolled his eyes and yanked the dress off. 

"Fine, I'm sorry." Izzy handed Alec a white bag. "This will be perfect." 

The doorbell rang and Alec's heart started to hammer in his chest.

"Put this on, take a couple deep breaths, then come downstairs." Izzy closed Alec's door behind her and Alec dropped onto his bed before he fainted. He laid back and pinched the bridge of his nose as he took a couple of calming breaths. Then, finally when his heart beat felt more like a heart beat than like a hummingbird's wings he peered into the bag. He couldn't help but smile. It was perfect.

He pulled on the black jeans and black button up shirt. He was buttoning up the last button when there was a knock on his door. "Coming." He called out.

"I'd hope not without me." Magnus teased from outside and Alec blushed.

"Um, uh." Alec stuttered and opened the door to see a very reserved Magnus. He had on black with only a tiny bit of red and no glitter that he could see.

"You look incredible." Magnus purred and kissed Alec's cheek.

"You do too." Alec smiled.

"So, your parents are interesting." Magnus said with a frown.

"I'm sorry about them." Alec offered.

"It's fine. You're worth it."

"I hope so." Alec held out his arm. "Shall we?"

"Of course." Magnus linked his arm with Alec's and skipped down the hall dragging Alec with him. "By the way, your mom said that she wants to talk to you alone.

"Probably to lecture me about how I'm throwing my future away to date a guy." Alec frowned. "I think it can wait."

"Is she really that against it?" Magnus gave him an apologetic frown.

"She just cares a lot about looks and being gay doesn't look good in the public eye of her world."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Thank you for coming."

"Anytime, darling." Magnus leaned over and kissed Alec on the lips.

Someone cleared their throat and the two boys jumped apart.

"Alec, why don't you and your friend take your seats? We're about to eat and please remember that we don't appreciate public displays like that." Alec's dad said gruffly.

"Yes, father." Alec nodded and led the way inside as Magnus forced himself to not grab Alec and shove him against the wall to show his dad just how much he could display publically. But, this wasn't the place or time for such actions. He needed to make it easier for Alec's parents to accept them.

"Magnus, you can sit next to Simon and Alec, next to Jace." Alec's mom annouced as they walked in.

"Mom, we're going to sit next to each other. That's the whole point of me inviting him." Alec said and Magnus felt a swelling of pride. He was afraid Alec would just go along with it.

"You know how I feel about your date. You can either do as I say or you can get out." She demanded with her nose high in the air.

"Perfect." Alec looked at Magnus. "How about we go have sex on your motorcycle in the front yard?"

Magnus blushed. "I actually drove my Porche."

"Even better." Alec grabbed Magnus's hand and dragged him to the front door.

"Wait, Alec!" Izzy called out.

"We're coming with you." Jace added.

"Not for the sex part!" Simon joined in.

"But can I have a ride in the porche?" Clary asked.

"No." Alec said just as Magnus started to say sure. Alec looked at him and what had just happened hit him.

"Alec, you never cease to amaze me." Magnus cupped his cheek in his hand.

"What did I just do?" Alec tried to breathe but he couldn't.

A/N Wahoo! How does it feel to have Magnus blush instead of Alec? I personally liked it, not that I'm biased at all.

Question: Why won't Alec bake a pie? Bonus Question: What would be his favorite pie and why?