1. College

A/N In this one they don't know each other.

Alec looked at the sign and was overcome with excitement and fear. He was here. He had done it! College away from his parents where he could finally be himself; well kind of. He looked in the rearview mirror at his best friend who happened to be the only crush he'd had since he was ten. Jace was right behind him on his motorcycle. The black leather not hiding much. He was so muscular and had this confidence that anyone would be jealous of, but Alec got to see the insecurities as well. Alec got to see him as a human while others only saw the godlike part of Jace that he shared with the world. 

Alec looked back at the road and took the exit. Jace followed close behind because he was using Alec's car as his gps. Alec loved having Jace depend on him; Jace was one of the few people that knew the truth about Alec, he wasn't stiff and boring like he portrayed himself. He could have fun and they were a perfect match. Of course, Alec still didn't think he could ever tell Jace that much.

"Hey, Alec!" Izzy's voice came over on his bluetooth instead of the gps.

"Hey, Iz. I just got off the exit. Can I call you back?" Alec asked as he tried to remember the next turn.

"Sure." She hung up.

"Make a U-turn." The gps said.

"Dammit," Alec cursed and turned around. Jace motioned for Alec to pull over. They both pulled into a small store parking lot. 

"Lost?" Jace asked with a laugh as he pulled his helmet off. 

Alec's heart raced at the sight but he tried to ignore it. "No, Izzy called so I missed the turn."

"Are you sure? I can drive the car." Jace offered.

"No, you know I don't like the motorcycle that much." Alec shrugged.

"But you look great on it!" Jace said and Alec's heart soared. "The girls will be all over you."

And with that Alec's heart sank down to his stomach. That was the problem with Jace, he always said things that made Alec love him more before adding in something that took it away. He wanted to know which part Jace meant. 

"I'm fine with the car." Alec got back in.

"Wait," Jace grabbed his shoulder knowing that something he had done upset Alec. "Let's get some lunch. There's a small place over there."

Alec smiled. "I am hungry."

"You're always hungry." Jace teased and walked around to get into the car which he forgot was jam-packed full of all of their stuff. "Guess I'll meet you over there."

"Yeah, or you could ride on top." Alec laughed.

"Don't get lost." Jace joked back.

"I never..." Alec clutched his chest in fake pain.

"Literally two minutes ago you did." Jace shook his head but smiled. Alec was more than his best friend, he was his brother. 

"Shut up." Alec looked stern but his eyes betrayed him. He slammed the door shut and drove towards the small diner.

He was just turning in when a car smashed into him from behind. He jolted forward but it wasn't bad enough for the airbags to go off. He smacked his nose on his hand that was on the steering wheel and instantly felt the blood start to gush. He looked behind him but couldn't make out the driver. 

"Shit!" He yelled and pulled forward out of the way of the entrance. He jumped out of his car pissed off. 

A/N Sorry I'll have to put the next part up later today or tomorrow. Who do you think hit him? Is there anything you want to see while they're in college? Sorry this one is so much about Jace and Alec, the next one will have more Malec.