6. Into the Night

"Remember, you only have one hour." Have reminded Alec before lighting the candle.

"That will be enough." Alec was determined to make this work. Either he'd pull Magnus out or he'd find out what he needed to heal him. He would not come back empty handed.

"Alec, it's going to be confusing and probably hard to navigate. It says under the spell that you need to focus completely on him and remember why you're there." Jace said from the chair he was sitting in.

"I know, Jace. He's all I can focus on." Alec laid back. He was on the bed next to Magnus and he held his hand that was wrapped around Magnus's out to Jace. "Ready?"

Jace looked scared which was extremely rare for him. He took Alec's hand and squeezed it. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes. I need to bring him back." Alec let go of Jace's have and touched his neck to pull him closer. "Brother, I need him."

Jace mirrored Alec's grip and leaned his forehead against his. "And I need you. Promise me you'll come back."

Just as Alec opened his mouth to respond there was a crack through the air and Jace was pushed back. Jace grabbed his cheek that had a growing red mark.

"What the hell just happened?" Jace exclaimed, looking around like a crazy person.

"By the angel, Jace, this isn't the time for jokes." Alec scolded eventhough he appreciated the mood being lightened. 

Jace looked at Magnus's body; he could have sworn that it was Magnus but it wasn't possible. He shook his head to clear it and then scooted the chair back to the bed. He took Alec's hand, set the timer, and sat up straight. "Ready."

"I'll see you in an hour." Alec said and drank the liquid they had put together. He instantly felt nauseous and dizzy. "Jace, something's wrong. I don't feel right."

"Alec is it working? How do you feel?" Jace asked and touched his forehead.

"I think I'm going to be sick. Didn't you hear me?" Alec was annoyed but when he looked at Jace he realized that he wasn't seeing him from his eyes; he was seeing him from Magnus's.

"Alexander, darling, you're here." Magnus said from behind him.

Alec spun around to see him but he wasn't there. The spell had worked. He was really in Magnus's mind. He  was currently in what looked like Magnus's apartment but some things were a little different. He couldn't quite place what was different, but he knew it was.

"Magnus? Where are you?" Alec called out.

"Alexander, thank you for coming." Magnus responded and Alec followed his voice.

He got to the bathroom and smiled at Magnus. "Magnus, I've found you. I've missed you so much."

"No, that's strange. How about: who calls upon the high warlock?" Magnus said to the mirror and Alec's heart sank. Magnus couldn't see him.

"Magnus, please, I'm right here." Alec stepped into the room and grabbed Magnus's hand but Magnus didn't react.

"Yes, that will be perfect." Magnus clapped his hands just as the buzzer rang.

Alec followed him and heard him call out, "who calls upon the high warlock?"

"Er, it's me..." Alec heard himself. Wait this was a memory! That's why his place looked different, this was back before their first date.

"Magnus I  need you to help me." Alec called out. Then the room spun around and he saw the two of them sitting on the couch, more like laying on the couch. Alec was on the top and Magnus was currently sucking on his neck. He felt butterflies in his stomach because he remembered just what it felt like.

"I loved that day so much. Do you know why?" Magnus appeared next to Alec causing him to jump.

"Magnus, it's really you." Alec wrapped his arms around his boyfriend.

"Yes it is darling." Magnus kissed his cheek. "I loved this day," he motioned to them on the couch, "because it was the day we went on our first date. Did you know I was actually going to fake an emergency and leave?"

Alec smiled, remembering that night, it had been so awkward at the start. "I knew it! It really was so awkward!"

"Yes, but then I saw his you were with that werewolf. You even stepped in front of me to protect me. No one had ever really done that for me." Magnus ended in a whisper.

"Just like what you did for me. Magnus, how do I wake you up?" Alec turned away from the view on the couch.

Magnus ignored Alec's question. "You are such a magnificent kisser."

"Magnus, help me, please. I need you to wake up." Alec touched Magnus's cheek to get him to look at him.

"Why? We can just stay here. It's safe and we never have to be apart. I'll never lose you of we stay, Alexander, please don't make me lose you. I love you." Magnus kissed him hard. "Stay with me, please."

Alec knew he didn't have much time but he couldn't remember why and frankly he didn't care.

A/N oh no! What's going to happen? Will Alec get lost in their memories and Magnus's mind? I sure would!