3. The Real Wedding

"Daddy!" Max cheered when he saw Alec and Magnus portal to the venue. He ran at full speed towards them.

"Awe hey Maxie." Alec knelt down without touching his knee to the ground with open arms. He caught their youngest son and lifted him into the air as he stood back up.

"I missed you." Max pouted and put a little hand on each side of Alec's face.

"I missed you too baby." Alec kissed the little blue warlock on the forehead. "Where's your brother?"

"Timeout," Max whispered and shook his head.

"Timeout?" Magnus tickled Max and took him from Alec. "What did he do to get in timeout?"

Max blushed a brilliant purple then ducked his head to hide against Magnus's collar.

"Max?" Alec rubbed his back. He knew that whatever Ralph had done, Max had helped in some way or another.

He and Magnus laughed quietly when they heard a soft snoring noise coming from the small boy. They knew that he was faking; it was one of his new games that he played when he was going to be in trouble. Alec ruffled his hair and Magnus kissed the now messy hair and looked up at Alec as if to ask what he wanted to do about the situation. 

"Oh look it's Uncle Jace!" Alec called out and Max's ears perked up. He yawned and stretched his arms. 

"Uncle Jace?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah." Alec nodded his head and looked over to where Jace was standing. He hadn't noticed their arrival yet. He looked perfect in his gray suit with the purple tie that Magnus and Izzy had picked out. Alec smiled and Jace turned towards them, feeling their presence. 

"Do I need to worry about you two?" Magnus whispered into Alec's ear and nibbled on it.

"Ah!" Alec exclaimed and turned to Magnus who now didn't have a child in his hands. He took his hand and kissed it. "You might if you keep sneaking up on me like that."

"I would hardly call it sneaking, Alexander." Magnus whispered against his neck and felt a rush of pride when he saw Alec shudder from a chill. Magnus loved that even though they had been together for years Alec still blushed because of him.  

"Brother." Jace came up and hugged Alec tightly. "Your children are demons."

"Only half demon and that's only Max." Magnus pointed out with his finger up in the air.

"Not what I meant." Jace rolled his eyes. "You know Max portaled Ralph into the cake right? Not to it, into it." 

"Ah, so that's why he's grounded." Alec looked at Magnus and they both lost it in laughter.

"You're laughing at it?" Izzy exclaimed as she walked up between them. "They ruined the cake and you're laughing. It's almost like I'm the only one who cares about any of this."

"Iz, it's fine. Everything looks great." Alec squeezed his sister's shoulder and kissed her cheek. He looked around at the multitude of purple and silver flowers, purple and black fabric, and the silver shimmering twinkle lights. Sure, this wasn't really his thing, the decorating but he knew it was beautiful. He would be fine marrying Magnus in a paper bag in the middle of the street; this was all for Magnus. 

"It's amazing!" Magnus cheered and wiped away a tear then looked at Alec's pure blue eyes with his own tawny ones. "This is really happening, isn't it?"

"I sure hope so, because I don't wear purple and glitter for just anyone or anything." Alec smiled up at him.

"You're perfect, my darling." Magnus tapped his nose.

"Stop being so cute!" Izzy grabbed their hands. "You need to save it for the vows."

"Iz, they'll never run out of the sickly sweet love crap. Remember I can feel what Alec feels and let me just tell you; even without the words it makes me nauseous sometimes. 

"You love it." Alec shoved him lightly and then followed Izzy to where the ceremony was going to take part. He waved at Ralph and Max who were holding baskets full of purple and silver rose petals. 

"Wait here until the music starts." Izzy told them as if they had forgotton after the hundreds of practices they had gone through.

Max and Ralph walked down the aisle throwing the petals then Izzy and Simon walked down the aisle followed by Jace and Clary. Alec held Magnus's hand while he watched them and felt a single tear slide down his cheek. 

"This is really happening, isn't it?" He asked Magnus.

"Yes it is my love and I couldn't be happier." Magnus whispered back and gave his hand a squeeze. "Ready?"

"Always." Alec responded as the music began to play and they walked down the aisle together. Normally the groom was supposed to stand and wait while the other walked but neither of them could stand the idea of standing or walking alone so they had decided to walk together. It had been a great idea. Max ran forward and Ralph followed to stop him but not before Max wrapped his small arms around his dads. 

"I love you now can we go play?" He yelled and the crowd chuckled. 

"No, Max, they have to say they love each other then you can." Ralph whispered but everyone heard.

"They do that all the time," Max whined.

"This one is special." Ralph pulled Max away after Alec and Magnus hugged them both.

"Be quick!" Max called out as he got dragged to sit with his grandparents. 

Alec and Magnus smiled at each other and continued walking until they were in the little archway where a silent brother stood waiting. 

They drew the marriage rune, Magnus's was a tattoo but held the same power. They held hands and looked into each other's eyes.

"Say I love you." Max whispered and Ralph covered his brother's mouth with his hand.

"Magnus you have given me everything that I thought I could never have and more. If someone had told me this was what love was like I would have never believed them. But because of you I wake up every morning feeling cherished, I have someone to laugh with, to cry with, and every night I go to sleep thankful that you gave me a chance." Alec said and Magnus saw a tear slide down his cheek. He wanted to wipe it away but instead he just squeezed Alec's hands tighter.

"I have lived for centuries, I have spent time with many beings. I even thought I had been in love a time or two, but you showed me what real love is. You are selfless and devoted in a way I can only hope to be. Though it took some time to see it I know that you have the biggest heart. You opened yourself to me even with the fear of losing your entire life and I am ever grateful that you did. You brought me back to the wield of the living. You showed me what it's like to truly be loved." Magnus let his tears fall freely only to have Alec wipe them away as he took Magnus's face in his hands.

Alec softly touched his lips to Magnus's only for them both to be consumed by their emotions. Magnus nibbled on Alec's bottom lip before he opened his mouth enough for Magnus's tongue to slip in. Then like a bucket of cold water was dumped on them they remembered where they were and pulled away.

A/N Sorry it took so long to put up but I hope you liked it and it wasn't terrible. Haha!