Brief Interlude

A/N I just thought after that episode we could use some happy, carefree, cute Malec. Just so you don't get confused this is an unconnected one shot. I'll continue the multipart one after this.

Magnus looked across the table at Alec who was discreetly trying to clean off some sour cream that has plopped onto his sweater. He enjoyed seeing the redness in Alec's cheeks when he looked up to see Magnus watching him.

"Sorry, I'm normally not this messy." Alec gave up on the stain and glared at the baked potato in front of him.

Magnus waved his hand and the stain along with the sweater disappeared. "There we are. No one will know."

Alec smiled and pulled at the grey shirt he was wearing. Why did it feel so tight? "Ah, thanks."

"Thank you for dinner. I've never had a better steak than this one." Magnus emphasized his statement with a big bite.

"Just wait for dessert." Alec said flirtatiously over a bite of asparagus.

"Oh," Magnus looked at Alec like he could see right into his soul. "Oh."

Alec smiled at Magnus's exited smile. He had clearly made a good choice in making dessert too. He'd have to remember that. Magnus quickly devoured his food and set his knife and fork down.

"Ready for dessert?" Alec teased as he stood up to take their plates to the kitchen.

Magnus didn't respond, instead he grabbed Alec's wrist and pulled on it causing him to fall into his lap.

"Magnus," Alec yelped with a laugh. "How am I supposed to get our dessert like this?"

Magnus just about to kiss him then cocked an eyebrow. "I thought you were the dessert."

"Me, the dessert?" Alec shook his head and laughed; then blushed when it hit him. Magnus thought Alec was the dessert.

"Ah, clearly you didn't." Magnus nodded. "You made an actual dessert."

"Yeah, ah," Alec was finding it hard to concentrate on anything but Magnus underneath him. "Chocolate?"

Magnus chuckled. "I do like my chocolate almost as much as I like my Shadowhunter."

"What?" Alec asked staring at Magnus's mouth.

Magnus looked at Alec and slowly inched forward until their lips were a breath away. Then he devoured Alec's mouth. His tongue swiped across Alec's lips and when he let out a surprised moan Magnus sweapt it across Alec's teeth. Alec molded himself against Magnus and brushed his fingers through the warlock's hair. Magnus's hands stayed firmly on Alec's hips.

Minutes later they pulled away to catch their breath.

"You are one delicious treat, Alexander." Magnus brushed his finger down Alec's nose. "Delicious."

"You tasted like steak." Alec whispered then blushed. "I mean good too."

Magnus laughed and Alec's alarm interrupted what he was going to say. They both frowned at the sound.

"I better go." Alec got up and Magnus sadly let him.

"Or you could stay, just this once." Magnus grabbed his hand.

"You know I would if I could but I need to get back to the institute before anyone thinks anything's up."

"You mean before Jace finds out that you've been with a warlock all this time." Magnus looked him straight in the eye. Didn't Alec understand how much it hurt Magnus everytime he snuck away as if Magnus was some slimy embarrassment.

Alec touched Magnus's cheek. "Magnus I don't care about Jace knowing. I'm just not ready to share you. I don't quite know what's going on between us myself let alone having to explain it. I just need a little more time."

Magnus turned and kissed his palm. "Fine, but Alexander, I'm not the most patient man."

"I know." Alex leaned down to give him a quick kiss but it turned into a full on make out session. He finally stood back up and walked to the door. "See you next time Magnus. Oh and the dessert's in the fridge."

"Dessert isn't as good alone." Magnus muttered as Alec closed the door.

Magnus stood up and poured himself a big glass of wine. He was pouring a second when the door flung open. He raised his hand ready to attack as he turned to face the  door.

"Alexander, did you forget something?" Magnus asked filling a jolt in his stomach.

"You." Alec declared. "Screw the clave. I want to stay with you. Uh, if that's okay." The strength in his voice trailed off.

"Are you sure?" Magnus asked as his heart soared.

Alec didn't say anything; he just marched up to Magnus and kissed him like he never had before. He didn't hold back at all. This was a kiss filled with freedom and emotion. Magnus smiled against his lips and pulled back slightly.

"What's gotten into you?" Magnus asked.

"I want this; us, and I'm done running from it. You were right, I was scared of Jace knowing but not for what you think. He's my parabatai, if he doesn't approve I'll know it. I'd feel his disgust constantly even if he pretended it was okay. But I don't care. He'll have to get over it."

Hope this helped with the Malec blues!